Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keenan - we need to contact Jason Ely
01-15-2007, 03:02 PM,
Keenan - we need to contact Jason Ely
Well i remember when we talked to Jason last time, he promised that he is gonna convert the Crusader Multiplayer build he had to run under WinXP. As well as give it to us for hosting and fun playing Tongue

So i decided to bring this topic up and want you to ask to contact him and ask what's the situation. I guess having a working multiplayer Crusader build will be very great for Crusader popularity.
Please contact him and see what's the situation. I guess Jason forgot about us Tongue Crusader community is alive and it demands CRUSADER MULTIPLAYER!

His name won't be forgotten. I'll be the first who buy Stygian Worlds (the game i mean) Tongue
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
01-15-2007, 03:15 PM,
Re: Keenan - we need to contact Jason Ely
I was hoping to keep this a secret until we got the build, but oh well.

YES, WE ARE GETTING A "NEW" CRUSADER GAME. It is a build of Crusader: No Survivors, which was an online game. So, we'll be able to play multiplayer together.
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
01-15-2007, 08:12 PM,
(01-15-2007, 03:15 PM)Keenan Weaver link Wrote: I was hoping to keep this a secret until we got the build, but oh well.

oops  ;D
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
01-15-2007, 10:02 PM,
Hello all.  I am around. I have been very busy with my next MMO project. (And yes I've had thoughts for a Crusader themed MMO for a number of years).

I have a multiplayer version that was created under Watcom DOS compiler and used Dos4Gw. It would be rather simple to convert to WinXp in DirectX. I'm sure the project would take a number of months to complete. I have started the conversion a few times and then something in real life always pulled me away.

We had simple 4 player (doom style) combat. You could run around with different colored silencers (8 different colors I believe) and shoot each other. The character motion was much different. In Crusader the series the creatures all walked pixel perfect. In this one the creatures skated some. This was to give a more interesting control when in the heat of battle. It needed some work of course.

The game has a built in world editor. I'm sure I could make it work in XP using No Remorse or No Regret assets. So you would have to own a copy of the game to play it... For legal reasons. Smile
01-15-2007, 10:05 PM,
There you have it, folks!  Smile
01-16-2007, 05:28 AM,
ohh great news Jason. If we can help in any way let us know.

As for me, I can work with the graphics and 3D models. I've been doing this for many years, so if you need a 3D render or something to be pre-rendered or modeled let me know. I'll do my best to help.
01-17-2007, 02:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2007, 02:59 AM by nONSENCE.)
I'll help code it. get me access to some source code and i can cram some stuff out for eveyone in a month or 2
01-17-2007, 03:07 AM,
Welcome!

I'm not sure if it's legal for Jason to just give out the code.
01-17-2007, 03:17 AM,
ah, well if spend a few days in remorse's disassembled code but i gave up on a direct reverse when my semester started.

if there was a way for me to lay my hands on it, i would love it more then you can imagine
01-17-2007, 05:32 AM,
(01-17-2007, 03:17 AM)nONSENCE link Wrote: ah, well if spend a few days in remorse's disassembled code but i gave up on a direct reverse when my semester started.

if there was a way for me to lay my hands on it, i would love it more then you can imagine

we would love it too bud Wink OFFTOPIC: So as far as I understand you are a programmer?