Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keenan - we need to contact Jason Ely
01-24-2007, 01:08 PM,
Re: Keenan - we need to contact Jason Ely
(01-17-2007, 10:31 PM)Dr.Doof link Wrote: a multiplayer for crusader [Image: 1luvu.gif]
just who does have still legal copy of crusader? might be hard to find players :/

Well, this game is absolutely great! I still love it!. And yes, I have a legal copy of both Crusaders released (with spanish cases) Wink

This game, in its era, was a real best seller.
01-24-2007, 02:14 PM,
(01-24-2007, 01:08 PM)Akira-TAJT link Wrote: This game, in its era, was a real best seller.

Too bad it's pretty unknown these days.  :'(
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
03-24-2007, 10:07 PM,
WOW ... A crusader multiplayer !!!! * drools ! *    :-*
04-01-2007, 09:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2007, 10:46 PM by wild_qwerty.)
Wow this sounds pretty awesome, maybe I could help in some way with any graphics conversions that are required.

I've had a bit of experience with modding 2d games and converting graphics, though normally its for Fallout 2 modding. I converted all of the critters from Fallout Tactics into fallout 2 file format so batch converting and automating conversion processes in my speciality. I tried to convert the sprites from Crusader into Fallout and also into a useable formate for gamemaker. The sprites are just to nice looking not to be used elsewhere and when in gamemake at high res look really nice, I just couldnt get them to move smoothly.

Anyway if you want the sprites converted into PNGs or what ever other format I could probably help you there, I would just need a decent image extracter for Crusader. I've used "Crusader Explorer" in the past to get the images out but it does give you the frame alignment information for each sprite, so as the sprite cycels through it's different frames the image hops around, I couldnt find a common point of origin for the frames so I figure there is some information on the offsets stored in the shapes.flx file that crusader explorer doesnt extract.

Oh well thats enough talking on my part, let me know how I can help out with any graphics conversions.

*EDIT*
I just remebered that Crusader Explorer is had to find on the web now days, the authors website is down but I thinks it's still hosted on a couple of Rusian websites. If you cant read rusian (who can??) you can download it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/23879897/CNRCEXP.zip

It's a really fun tool to play around with as you can look at all of the crusader art, hopefully somehere will reaply and say they already have someting better that can exract all the contents of the Shapes.flx file out.
[Image: signiturema1.jpg]
04-01-2007, 10:52 PM,
Welcome to the site!

Yeah, we have the Crusader Explorer tool here on the website... It's just not up yet after the crash.
04-02-2007, 02:22 AM,
Does anyone know what video codec origin used to compress the movie files in crusader? Or is it not possible to get the move clips out and into "normal" formats?

Otherwise it should be possible to run crusader in a virtual machine or DOSBox and use a screen recording tool to capture the video directly to an AVI, provided you have a computer fast enough for the movies not to skip...
04-02-2007, 02:47 AM,
That has been the trillion-dollar question for twelve years. No one knows how to decode the movies, not even Jason Ely.

Yeah, we had a campaign declared several weeks ago to record the movies. No one here has volunteered to record them yet.
04-02-2007, 04:51 AM,
Is there anyway to skip forward to parts of the game using cheats or replay the movies once you have seen them once? I could possibly play them in DOS box on my work computer, but I'd rather not play games all day at work just to watch the movies, that and DOSbox still stutters a little bit even on my work PC (and its kind of fast...)

Has anyone contacted the people who are making the pentegram engine and asked them? I think they have reverse engineered most of the game, so they migth know.
04-02-2007, 12:05 PM,
I'm pretty sure you can't skip to the movies.  Sad

As far as I know, the Pentagram guys don't know we exist. Do you think you can contact them?
04-02-2007, 02:52 PM,
If you can record No Remorse movies, I have a hint to watch the movie that you want, from the game ! I already explained it here ! Better than play all the game at work ! Smile
Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept? - FH