Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crusader: No Hope 3D?
05-06-2007, 09:00 PM,
Re: Crusader: No Hope 3D?
Well, it's been one of my goals to actaully learn how to make 3D Models and animate them, I've been playing around for a while now, but I've got some good tutorials now and I'll start to work through them. Once I've done that I'll start to *Try* and model the mechs/robots. I figure robots are a bit easier to model then the people Smile
[Image: signiturema1.jpg]
05-08-2007, 08:51 AM,
It's a nice idea: create a Crusader 3D.

I'm a programmer, but for web applications.

I'm now looking how create games with Microsoft's XNA. For now, I'll get the game programmer base. Later, may be, i'd could help us, but not for this time because i'm learning how, hahaha.

I'll still reading us and how are you advance in this project, guys Smile.
05-08-2007, 08:54 AM,
ya, mainly what we lack is a programmer :d lol
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
05-08-2007, 09:04 AM,
If i can see the game programming is easy for me, i'll advise you Wink.
05-08-2007, 11:35 AM,
I jsut downloaded a free game engine, which have all needed libraries for the game production.

irrlicht - http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/

I studied it a bit, read the reviews and checked it and I must say - THAT'S WHAT WE WANT!!! Now it's time to find the one who is willing to study the programming libraries there Wink Akira, wonna try?
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
05-08-2007, 11:58 AM,
Hmmm... interesting. I'll check it.
05-09-2007, 10:48 AM,
I'm doing testings with the Engine, and looks great Smile. It's my first contact to a Game Engine too, hehe.

I'm looking its documentation and it can be implemented with C# (.net), and this option sounds good because I did the MCAD for C#.

For now, I'll try use the XNA with this engine, and see if I can do something with these two together, and learning how develop within.

For tests and learning, maybe I'll try to do some port of the old Crusaders, first level of the No Remorse, for example, and try to do something with 3D later.
05-09-2007, 12:49 PM,
yay great to hear, at least it seems we are moving from the dead spot towards bright future Big Grin
05-16-2007, 09:48 PM,
(05-08-2007, 11:35 AM)Cyberion link Wrote: I jsut downloaded a free game engine, which have all needed libraries for the game production.

irrlicht - http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/

I studied it a bit, read the reviews and checked it and I must say - THAT'S WHAT WE WANT!!! Now it's time to find the one who is willing to study the programming libraries there Wink Akira, wonna try?

Sorry my interruption, but does 3d game studio obsolete (I mean old)?, this engine is better? because 3d game studio uses C++ too or C# script, I think I'm confused and outdated. I'm checking it. This is may be I need too because 3d game studio uses too much spheres and polygons and I need something more usefull.
05-24-2007, 04:13 AM,
Has there been any more progress on this? Maybe we could push through a quick and dirty tech demo of some kind to drum up interest. I could try and make a couple of models for it, just enough that we can see a siliencer walk around and shoot stuff.
[Image: signiturema1.jpg]