Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3d model - Thermatron
05-08-2007, 03:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2007, 03:22 AM by wild_qwerty.)
3d model - Thermatron
Well as long as people are going to try and make some crusader based mods, we might as well start sharing resources like 3d models etc...

I've just started to model the walker mech from crusader, this ones my all time favorite and looks like a simple place to start. I'm a bit of a nob at modeling so hopefully this will progress as time goes by.

[Image: mechwalkerql6.png]
[Image: signiturema1.jpg]
05-08-2007, 03:34 AM,
Re: 3d models
ohh prototype mesh looks promising!!! Keep it up I love it!
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
05-08-2007, 12:26 PM,
Wow! That is AWESOME! That's definitely news-worthy when it's complete. We'll upload it to our FTP for permanent download, too.
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
05-08-2007, 06:32 PM,
Very cool. Looks very promising even in this early stage.
The good thing on those robots is that they not really need a skin because they are just grey and metal like.  Wink

Because I am a Vetron fan I hope you make that too when you finish this one xD
05-08-2007, 08:25 PM,
I cant even remeber the names of all the different robots from crusader, whichone is the vectron? Is that the big walker? Anyway if I actually get around to finishing this model then I'll try and work my way through the other robots. This is sort of a learning exercise for me and a challenge that I will actaully finish a model that I started.

Good thing they dont need a high quality sking, because I dont know how to do that yet  :-[
05-08-2007, 08:40 PM,
our website is your friend bro Wink

http://cyberionsystems.com/echosector/index.php?page=14

Keep on good work!!!
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
05-16-2007, 10:12 AM,
I've still got to tidey up a few bits and add some detail but this almost it. I'm feeling quite good that I didnt quit halfway through Smile I think I'm over a hurdle as far as my learning curve goes, well in regards to modelling anyway, I still need to animate it though...

- legs need work
- feet need work
- 'arms' need work (the round things)

I've been using Anim8or which is a free 3d stuff maker - http://www.anim8or.com

[Image: mechfrontok9.png]

[Image: mechsideis6.png]

[Image: mechbackfw9.png]
05-16-2007, 10:16 AM,
try not to use texture. So far you do nto need to waste time applying it. Better concentrate on modeling. texturing is another school, which needs more learning, so avoid it so far, better concentrate on modeling part.

So far so good. You got yourself a model, which you may now shape and add more detailes. good job.
05-16-2007, 11:17 AM,
That looks cool. Like I said...the robots are grey coloured anyway so there is not much of a texture to apply  Big Grin

If you make more robots those could definately be used in No Hope or whatever  Wink
05-17-2007, 06:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2007, 07:09 PM by KeenanW.)
Wow! :o Those thermatrons are great pal. Keep on working. Half Of my job had broken with my hard disk :'(. But I will do it better. Big Grin Smile.

Fortunately I could save the half of the job. I could save the good textures and models I downloaded. :Smile