Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
converting Crusader ingame sprites into *.tga files
05-21-2007, 05:35 AM,
Re: converting Crusader ingame sprites into *.tga files
(05-20-2007, 08:45 PM)wild_qwerty link Wrote: Dont take this the wrong way, but I love you man  Big Grin

ya mate, you did an awesome job!!! I'm going to test it later today.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
05-21-2007, 06:06 AM,
ok i tested the files.

flx_extractor works fine with both no remorse and no regret.

However crusader2mng doesn't work with No Remorse sprites. I extracted them from No Remmorse shapes.flx and than tried to convert spr using crusader2mng tool and it crashes on me. Sad

Didn't try with no regret through. Do nto have it installed right now. Maybe the trouble is taht I should put zlib.dll somewhere into windows folder?
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
05-21-2007, 08:54 AM,
It work. Tested on XP. How do you run it?
It can crash only if it can't find file, or wrong file supplied. There's no sanity checks at all.
05-21-2007, 10:09 AM,
hmmm I run it under WinXP. Using Total Commander as a shell. and I write in the command line: crusader2mng.exe file_0001.spr

for example, than execute and it does nothing.
05-21-2007, 01:09 PM,
It does nothing, or crash? I checked right now, all ok with TC.
Put crusader2mng.exe (and zlib1.dll) in directory with single sprite. Run for that sprite. Do you have some output? Watch console window with messages.
I don't remenber how to show console in TC. I'm using FAR always Smile  Try to run cmd.exe in directory with sprites, then run converter.
05-21-2007, 03:12 PM,
ok tried what you suggested, nothing. (btw tried it at my home PC right now)

Run from command line in dos, here is the output, looks like the trouble with the library (might be wrong) any ideas?

http://cyberionsystems.com/exofiles/Zomb...er/111.jpg
05-21-2007, 09:20 PM,
I cant get it to work either, I just get windows throwing up an error

[Image: cmngerrorli8.png]
[Image: signiturema1.jpg]
05-22-2007, 02:27 PM,
Ok, let's debug it. I'll prepare special version with lot of messages...
05-24-2007, 09:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2007, 09:11 AM by RPGman.)
Try this one. No external dependencies, all that may cause crash compiled in as static libraries.

http://rapidshare.com/files/33083102/cru...g.exe.html
05-24-2007, 12:10 PM,
hmmm I just tested this at my work computer and I get the same error as before.
I have no idea what could be wrong. Maybe it's because of mng format? Maybe the trouble with that format? Because flx_extractor works perfectly with no errors at all and crusader2mng keeps not converting the spr files. Maybe it's better to convert directly to animated gif? Maybe the problem with this mng format? Not sure, just an idea.

Heh... but still very great work RPGMan, you are da best bro!!! I wish we had a programmer like you for our Crusader: No Hope 3D. We have a banch of designers, modellers, a writer and a musician here, but not a single programmer rofl.