Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of Level Problem
05-30-2007, 01:15 AM,
End of Level Problem
I have this really weird problem with this game.  It runs flawlessly through the entire first level then when I step on the end teleporter and after I watch the movie of the refinery getting blown up the screen goes blank and that's it.  I have a legal copy and dosbox 0.70 so I am not sure what's going on.
05-30-2007, 01:54 AM,
Re: End of Level Problem
That IS a weird problem. Try reinstalling it to a different directory, with a complete install.
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
05-30-2007, 02:52 PM,
looks like you got some corrupt files. Try reinstalling the game and do nto use previous saves. PLay again.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
05-31-2007, 02:16 AM,
I tried using level warp to see if that would do anything but I just get a blank screen with my guy then the level loads and I cannot shoot at all.  I don't know if you can use level warp with dosbox but I tried it as well with no regret and I got the same result.  Maybe I need to buy a new cd of no remorse cause I don't know what the cause of this. :'(
05-31-2007, 04:52 AM,
did you try to reinstall? and make the full install again. Try to delete every file and install it. Also what are teh settings of your PC and DOSBOX?
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
06-01-2007, 12:55 AM,
I'm using Dosbox 0.70, I have an Athlon 2200+ 1.8 ghz processor, 1 gig of ram and a 256 meg 9600 Radeon video card.  I still am unsure of what the problem is, I don't think it's the cd since it doesn't look scratched at all.
06-01-2007, 12:16 PM,
Make sure you're installing it properly. Have you read our DOSBox guide?
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
06-03-2007, 12:31 AM,
I tried using the dosbox method but I have to mount c before I mount d otherwise it says not enough diskspace.  Has anyone ever used level warp successfully in dosbox?
06-03-2007, 08:32 AM,
As a matter of fact, yes. It never worked in the past on my old computer, but I tried it a few weeks ago when someone had posted a question on a possible secret and I wanted to check it. Level warp works but I had to wait a minute, started with just the Silencer on black background, not responding, took a while for the level to load.
I guess what they say is true. Send a Silencer in and the job gets done.
06-03-2007, 04:36 PM,
I have the exact same problem when I use level warp.  The silencer starts out on a black background and it takes a minute for the level to load then he's unresponsive.  I can move him around but I can't shoot at all.  I still haven't been able to get to the rebel base yet after a mission.  The screen just goes blank otherwise my game runs fine.  So I can't use level warp and I can't finish a mission so maybe I'm just stuck playing mission one.  :'(