3D Models
10-06-2007, 12:51 AM,
Re: 3D Models
Cool, I guess I'll try.
10-06-2007, 04:48 AM,
woow great those picks look awesum, keep Cyb! really great. Big Grin
Shinkuuuu....hadoken.
10-06-2007, 08:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2007, 08:37 AM by Cyberion.)
thx, but i'm jsut a modeler there Wink Jupix is a builder Tongue

as for collision model. Jupix, i noticed that you used the old model. Use the one I sent you in a package with collision model. It's corrected and edited one. So there might be a trouble bro.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
10-06-2007, 09:32 AM,
Oh okay, will do. I thought the model itself was unchanged.
10-08-2007, 08:34 PM,
I just imported the fence models and tried them out, found out they're way too big... Can you cut up the models so that the corner bit would be a half of its old size and the segment would be 1/4? Also, can you cut the ends off the models so that having lots of them side by side would not result in an irregular pattern? Maybe have the "end" bit as a separate model?
10-08-2007, 09:42 PM,
Updated first post with new sprites.
10-09-2007, 04:26 AM,
bro can't you shrink it a bit? It's quite hard to try and find exact size. For will be easiest way to model by the dimensions.

I mean you tell me how long it's in meters and I model it. I need height and width in meters or centimeters. That way I can model exactly the size you need. Otherwise I have to imagine from the image and reference material, how long and big it can be.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
10-09-2007, 12:33 PM,
Someone has to "imagine" anyway because obviously there's no "official" source of dimensions info. I think it's best if we leave that to the modeller, because I'm as likely as anyone to get it wrong... However, in this case the overall size (scale) of it was spot on, that means height and depth. What I meant was the "segment" model had too many "segments" in it, meaning it could be cut to 1/4 and we would lose none of its shape, but it would be possible to tweak the size of any fenced zone more accurately. Same goes for the corner tile.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. I've colored red everything that's unnecessary:

[Image: fence_cut.png]

Just clipping off those extra bits would make the models perfect.
10-09-2007, 12:38 PM,
ok got you bro.

I'll make 1 section. And corner one 1x1 section. No problem here. I though you talked about exact size, like in centimeters.
10-10-2007, 08:09 PM,
So how are those short segments coming along?