Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complicated Walls
10-15-2007, 09:02 PM,
Re: Walls
Looks awesome as always.
10-17-2007, 07:35 PM,
Ok guys, I have textured the Pylon. Will edit the models and will provide this Pylon for download, so we can check how it looks in game with the wall for example that i provided earlier.

[Image: showoff2jh1.jpg]
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
10-20-2007, 07:15 PM,
It's great Cyb, It's getting really cool pal. Wonderfull graphics and excellent texturing!!!.
Shinkuuuu....hadoken.
11-06-2007, 04:47 PM,
Cyberion,

Are you planning on modeling the other two types of "special wall"? If I had those I could replace my brush placeholders with the real thing and work out some mapping related stuff better.

Also, any chance I could have the texture you are using for the wall itself?
11-06-2007, 08:13 PM,
ya i'm planing to do it bro. Just give me some time. I'm under the drugs. This illness is hard for me.

Use the wall that I gave you so far. Just rename it to wall2 and wall3 when i'm done I'll send you the new models. The size is the same, so you won't have troubles. Later on all you need to do is just replace them with the real one Tongue

And yes, you may have that texture. Let me find it again. lol
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
11-06-2007, 10:25 PM,
Wow this is quite looking awesome !
But i am not sure if its to much for a first person perspektiv.
In the iso perspectiv it was looking good and you haven't recocnized it all the time because you also look on the character. Maybe here its better to differ to the original and also use some simple wall textures.
Maybe you add an start  with pipes coming out of the wall attatch some meters of pipes like in the screenshot and
let them disappear in the wall again.
Nevertheless as static mesh the resource need should be low, but the lightning is a problem.
11-07-2007, 11:15 AM,
Indeed, we're probably going to end up using just a simple wall texture.
10-04-2008, 03:19 PM,
Re: Complicated Walls
Prod! How about the other 3 wall bits?
10-04-2008, 07:37 PM,
well I guess we should concentrate on map first and models. Create and fill map with those. And later on we will model walls if needed and edit map accordingly.  Wink

As for demo and out first release I think we should avoid walls question for the time being for the sake of complition and easiness.
10-04-2008, 08:54 PM,
I'd like to have them in game by alpha 0.1. They do improve the general feel of the maps that much.