Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Textures Discussion
10-08-2007, 10:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2007, 10:51 PM by Jupix.)
General Textures Discussion
This is a general "textures needed" topic. I can do a little bit of texturing myself, but it would speed up things a lot if I had help. So if there is someone with a knack for texturing and some spare time, here's some tiles you might be interested in drawing. Smile

General info on textures

File format: Targa (.tga)
Size: power of two, but not necessarily a square, with 512 pixels = 128 Hammer units or approx. 3 meters or 10 feet in the gameworld
ONE material per texture! There can be different colors and shapes as long as they are the same material (metal, concrete, wood, etc).

Textures needed

Door #1

[Image: orig_doortexture1.png]

A double door, like the one you enter the first room through. While drawing up the textures for this, bear in mind the geometry I have for it actually looks like this, so the shape is quite a bit easier for texturing. I need one texture for the stationary bits and two for the sliding bits. Metallic, height: 512 pixels

Floor #1 Finished by Hellhound

[Image: orig_floortexture1.png]

Featured in the first room where you disable the laser barrier. Probably concrete, 512 x 512 pixels. Shape is symmetric so can be rotated in Hammer (no need for pre-rotated versions).

Floor #2 Finished by Jupix

[Image: orig_floortexture2.png]

Floor #3 Finished by Hellhound

[Image: orig_floortexture3.png]

Steps. Probably benefits a lot from bump or parallax mapping. Looks like 256 x 64 pixels.

Elevator

I need this badly! Obviously it's the elevator for the first room and its base. Probably better to skip the lights, I think they can be done with entities. Metallic, 512 x 256

[Image: orig_floortexture4.png]
11-16-2007, 10:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2007, 11:52 AM by Cyberion.)
Re: Textures
ok, here is the wall texture. Try to use it for the wall so far. I'll add detailes (those holes in yellow section of the texture) later. So far I guess this is the closest texture of the wall I can draw lol. Note those metalic parts on top and bottom, they are used in game on the texture as well. Put it inside game and give me a screenshot, so I can see if there any corrections are needed, ok?

[Image: wallroom1po7.th.jpg]
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
11-16-2007, 11:32 AM,
Here is floor texture. 100% done. Made it big, so you can resize it and tile to any size you need practicaly Wink 512x512 Let me know how it looks like in the game.

[Image: floorroom1cv2.th.jpg]
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
11-16-2007, 05:47 PM,
Hi, i thikn the black holes aren't needed. In the other angel you don't see them.
But nevertheless i am also not sure wether its a kind of fence or a type of brick with a cavity.
The last one could be made by an bump map i guess.
11-16-2007, 09:33 PM,
While Cyb is creating some wall/floor textures
I started with some simple decals of the first level

[Image: bluesigndecaldh5.th.jpg]
[Image: dangerdecalzl0.th.jpg]
[Image: floorno2decalcg5.th.jpg]
[Image: floorno3decalww3.th.jpg]
[Image: radioactivedecaltf8.th.jpg]
11-17-2007, 09:54 PM,
Cyb, those are absolutely brilliant! Check this out:

[Image: textures_by_cyb-640.jpg]

I took the liberty of fiddling with them a little (I added the vertical girder in the wall texture and created a checkerboard pattern of 2 different shades of blue for the floor, otherwise they're original... Cheers! (If you want a test pack, just say the word, I'll build one.)
11-17-2007, 09:59 PM,
(11-16-2007, 09:33 PM)Hellhound link Wrote: While Cyb is creating some wall/floor textures
I started with some simple decals of the first level

[...]

Hey, thanks!

I imported them all and they work like a charm. About the blue hazard sign, though - I already have that, and Cyb voiced some interest in doing a redraw of it, so we'll see which one ends up in the mod.

I'll post some screenshots of the decals later, now I'm a bit tired from doing all that texture converting..
11-17-2007, 10:09 PM,
:o :o :o

WOW. That looks FANTASTIC.
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
11-18-2007, 05:20 PM,
ohh ya Jup, I would love to have another test build to see how the things look like inside the game.
11-19-2007, 12:04 PM,
Here's a testpack with the first room and bits. Feel free to jump around in it!

Test pack #2, 19.11.2007 (8MB)