Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Crusader Game?
02-21-2008, 06:23 PM,
New Crusader Game?
Today, EA announced they, along with Starbreeze Studios, will be reinventing a classic EA franchise. Here is what they have to say:

Quote:EA Partners today announced that it has teamed up with Starbreeze Studios, the award-winning developers of The Darkness and The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay to reinvent one of EA's most acclaimed classic franchises. The title, with the internal code name Project RedLime, is being developed for the PLAYSTATION?3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360? system from Microsoft and PC.

\"EA Partners is thrilled to hand over the keys to one of EA's most acclaimed franchises to Starbreeze Studios,\" said David DeMartini, vice president and general manager of EA Partners. \"Starbreeze's pedigree is undisputed and we could not be happier to welcome them to the EA Partners family. The team is creating an incredibly innovative take on a classic property and EA Partners is poised to deliver a blockbuster launch on the global stage.\"

\"EA Partners gives independent developers like Starbreeze access to EA's unrivaled global publishing infrastructure, letting us focus our energy on what we do best - making incredible games,\" said Johan Kristiansson, CEO of Starbreeze Studios. \"We're already deep in development on Project RedLime and the team at EA is giving us the time we need to perfect our vision. We're excited to bring a new perspective and gameplay innovation to this beloved fiction.\"

Additional information about the Starbreeze project will follow in the coming months. For more information about other EA games, please visit http://www.electronicarts.co.uk.

Developers interested in working at Starbreeze can search available jobs at http://www.starbreeze.com

Project RedLime? Hmm... Crusader... Silencer... red suit... RedLime? Let us hope!

Source: http://kotaku.com/359134/starbreeze-team...-something
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
02-21-2008, 07:59 PM,
Re: New Crusader Game?
let's hope !
02-23-2008, 11:39 AM,
I dont know, Codenames mean nothing in most cases, and even if crusader had a good critic score, I think its not one of the most acclaimed franchises.

I'm just saying you know ^^

Sounds to me as if they are going to make a Wing commander or Privateer sequel.
02-23-2008, 02:46 PM,
It's most likely a new Wing Commander... but we can hope! Tongue
02-24-2008, 03:37 AM,
Given that Starbreeze is most famous for FPS games, it could be a Crusader title. However, there's also a chance that it might be a revival of System Shock as well.
02-24-2008, 04:12 PM,
BioShock was massively overhyped. Check out Yahtzee's review of it... It's so perfect:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles...n-BioShock
02-26-2008, 05:03 AM,
I think here will be System Shock 3. Looking at Bioshock success, EA won't lose such opportunity to make something similar to gain more money.

I do not think WC will be the next title. SpaceSims are not very popular our days unfortunately. But I also really hope it will be Crusader.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
02-27-2008, 03:46 AM,
I also agree it won't be Wing Commander.  Arena didn't do so well.

System Shock 3 is a big possibly...but the Redlime thing makes me hopeful it's Crusader.

Either way, this could quite possibly be ten kinds of awesome.  Not one.  Not two.  Not four.  Ten.
02-27-2008, 06:42 PM,
Well, I think Wing Commander already got its "revival" with Arena. I'd be glad if they are going to develop a new Crusader game, but in all honesty I agree with those who think it's gonna be a System Shock game.

Besides Wing Commander System Shock is probably one of the most notable titles in Origin's closet and given Starbreeze experience with FPS games...

Concerning the Codename: "red" sure has something to do with Crusader, but "lime"? I can't think of a link with our beloved Crusader...
02-27-2008, 07:13 PM,
(02-27-2008, 06:42 PM)Berserker79 link Wrote: Codename: \"red\" sure has something to do with Crusader, but \"lime\"? I can't think of a link with our beloved Crusader...

The Silencer always chose the "Lime" flavor on the soda machines.