Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outline for Crusader II
04-27-2006, 07:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2006, 02:28 AM by Shadowen.)
Re: Outline for Crusader II
Interludes
Interludes are rendered cinematics (no more FMV; seriously dude; the acting largely licked the sweat off a dead man's testes) that tell the story of the game.  There are short ones within the mission to thicken the plot, as it were, but most of them are much longer and placed between missions.

Example interlude: Clubbed To Death: A young Resistance soldier wakes the captain up in the middle of the night.  The Silencer was more resting, not sleeping; he doesn't need to sleep very often.  In any case, as ordered by Colonel Shepherd, he is to report to a transport at the back entrance to the base in civilian clothing (or at the least, clothing over his armor, and no helmet) one hour hence.  There, he meets Brooks and Shepherd, both in civvies.  "Like the coat, Red," Brooks says, grinning.  "You're lookin' a little pale, though."  They go to a deserted part of town and enter an elevator that takes them below ground.  Pausing before the door is opened, Shepherd turns to the Captain.

"This is something that's probably outside your experience.  You might be a little uncomfortable.  Just remember, there's no threat here."  The blast door starts to lift...revealing strobing lights, pumping music, and a mass of writhing bodies.

"You have got to be kidding me," the Silencer says.

The hidden bunker is a club, where rebellious youths interested in subverting the WEC in any way they can, no matter how minor, congregate to socialize without worrying about fraternization forms, listen to forbidden music, and discuss different philosophies without worrying about being pick up for sedition.  It's also a favorite destination for Resistance members looking for a good time.

"What do I do?" says the Silencer.

"Mingle," says Shepherd, as he and Brooks head to the bar.

As he moves into the crowd, feeling its motion, he overhears a young voice, despite the noise, whisper "Narc."

"Where?"

"There.  Big guy.  Pale."

"In the coat."

"Yeah.  Total narc."

He turns to face them.  They stare for a long moment, then he turns away.  They shut up.

Later, a disoriented Silencer bumps into Shepherd.  "Am I supposed to be having a seizure?" he shouts over the music.

"Yes.  What, you think that even kids would call this dancing?"

Abruptly, Silencer spots motion that doesn't seem right at the corner of his eye.  The strobes make it hard to pick out, but he sees two young men and one young woman, none of them likely older than seventeen, encircling him in a triangle formation, trying to look like they're dancing as they approach.  He moves away from Shepherd, and they move with him, closing the noose.  As they hit a gap in the crowd, the young men attack.

He defeats them, but not without effort; odd, as they are too young to fight half so well.  Self-defense courses are no longer taught except in the military, and no one that young could join any branch of SecCart or MilOps.  As the fells the second with a blow to the solar plexus, the young woman attacks, a storm of fists and feet he barely manages to fend off.  By this point, the gap has become a circle as they pick up spectators, and the music has either faded to silence as the jockeys realize something is wrong or has altered to something wholly inappropriate for a fight.  He soon realizes that with her unarmored and him with the armor under his clothes, she's actually faster than he is.  He gets back in control when she attempts a punch for the solar plexus that breaks her fingers when they smack into his chestplate.  He goes on the offensive, and finally the music dies and the lights come up, and he can see her eyes, and they're his eyes...

Mind suddenly made up, he lunges and grabs her, whispering something in her ear in an old and forgotten language.  She crumples in his arms, asleep.

The party's over.  They return to base.
04-29-2006, 03:33 AM,
I'm pretty much out of things to add that don't spoil the rough plot I'm doing, so I thought I'd just give what my current influences are.

I'm Listening To: A Perfect Circle, Bill Hicks, Constantine
I'm Reading: Star Wars--Vision of the Future, The Man Who Was Thursday, Player's Guide To Eberron
I'm Playing: Dark Forces, Deus Ex, Max Payne
I'm Watching: Firefly, The Daily Show, the news
I'm Surfing: morons.org, Bartcop.com
04-29-2006, 06:56 PM,
Besides Crusader, Deus Ex is my favorite game ever.
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
04-30-2006, 01:23 AM,
I forgot to add that since this is hardly official and I have no talent at all at programming, feel free to add your own wanted features and such.
04-30-2006, 11:13 PM,
Thats some pretty good info of what a sequal to no regret would be.
05-05-2006, 09:42 AM,
hahah very very nice stuff. You knwo GOKU, we need to invite Shadowen to our team.. lol nice writing you have there Big Grin
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
05-05-2006, 12:14 PM,
That's a GREAT idea, Cyb!

Shadowen..... Wanna be apart of the team? You could help me write Crusader fiction!
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
05-06-2006, 01:32 PM,
Shadowen, your analysis and your ideas are great ! It's a real pleasure to read all your messages !  Big Grin
Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept? - FH
05-07-2006, 02:21 AM,
I'd love to, guys, but you should know that I do not code.  I have no talent for coding.  My real name is Cody Noncoder.  I just write, or try to, anyway.
05-07-2006, 03:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2006, 04:01 AM by Shadowen.)
Whoops.

I'll put something else here later.  This post wasn't really suited to a Crusader II outline.