Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outline for Crusader II
12-05-2006, 04:56 AM,
Re: Outline for Crusader II
G'Day there people!

Sorry guys and girls, as an Aussie, it's our priviledge - nay, an expectation - that we greet new people as such.  So let's not mention it again and I'll get on with it  8)

Now, as a new member, I wasn't sure if the creation of new subjects was allowed, so I picked one that seemed closest to what has been rolling around in my head for quite some time, but have never being able to find a decent site to post it on.  So if I'm spamming up the works here, I do apologise for my ignorance!

Here is my question for those of us Crusader fan(atic)s whom have also created chaos, mayhem and disorder on certain Interplay/Black Isle games of note...

*Deep Inhale*

What do you think of the idea of a Crusader RPG being created using the Fallout 2 engine???

*Pauses.  Takes note that nobody is aiming AC-88s in his direction.  Continues cautiously*

Seriously, think of the potential for it.  I know it wouldn't be the same as the old school Crusader series, but come now - except for certain project groups, in particular the ones working on the Pentegram engine, it's not going to be happening.  And as a fan group, do we really want something as a (shudder at the thought) First Person Shooter, or done in the Oblivion style?  I can almost guarantee you that is the direction that most PC genres are heading, and quite frankly I want to keep Crusader as isometric, but I am wandering a bit here...

I know the gameplay would be completely different, bit given the (percieved) relative ease for adjusting of codes and dialogue of the Fallout engine, I felt that it would make for a fun and lasting idea.  I thought that the Brotherhood of Steel engine (I'm going to get flogged for mentioning that one day) would leave too much out of it.  What I am looking for is a bit more substance to chew on, with something less linear and would give you more immersion into the 'world of Crusader'.  It would allow for team-based tactics with other resistance members, sympathetic civvies, or defective... err... defecting WEC employees (imagine retconning the No Remorse game and having Brooks, Yo-Yo and Taxman with you as part of a fire team ;D) if you allowed for NPCs to join you - I reckon Cassidy would have a field day in a WEC installation!, would give the potential for more variety with choices for firepower, which is never a bad thing, would give the option for going hand-to-hand to conserve ammo (imagine what the WEC would do to upgrade a night stick?), and given what you can do with the dialouge and 'quest' options... limitless opportunities, ladies and gentlemen.  Limitless.

Now that I've finally said my piece, I'll go back to hiding in my personal Vault and keep an eye out for everyone's comments on my thoughts  Smile

Cheers!
Sanity:  A state of mind for the criminally boring
12-05-2006, 01:10 PM,
WELCOME!  Wink

That's also a fantastic idea. I've never played any Fallout game, unfortunately.

I guess there should be a series of priority engines to which we can make this game, if we did.

I just think it'd be cool to see a Crusader game in first-person. The Steam engine would work well in this aspect.
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
12-05-2006, 07:01 PM,
(12-05-2006, 01:10 PM)Keenan Weaver link Wrote: The Steam engine would work well in this aspect.

we can use it for isometric view Tongue But it's not steam engine, it's source engine Tongue
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
12-05-2006, 09:40 PM,
:-[

;D
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM,
(12-05-2006, 01:10 PM)Keenan Weaver link Wrote: That's also a fantastic idea. I've never played any Fallout game, unfortunately.

Oh man!  Seriously Keenan, if you can get hold of a copy of the 3-pack which includes Fallout, Fallout 2 and FOBoS, get it!  Make sure though, that you take a few microwave meals for, say... a fortnight, or hook up some intravenous nutrients, 'cause I can quite happily say that the series is one of the best - if not THE best - of the post-apocalyptic RPGs out there, and you'll have a pretty feral beard by the time you emerge from your own personal computer dungeon playing it (I know I did!).  If there's anyone else on board here that hasn't tried it out, please do so, then you'll know what I'm raving and frothing at the mouth about, even if it was just as a playtest to check out the engine, it'd be worth it.  Yep, I'm one of these people who could waffle on about a subject for days on end.  Be afraid! Big Grin

Anyway, I'm actually at my workstation, so I better get back to pretending to work for a living.  Thanks for the welcome from Keenan and Co.  Smile
Sanity:  A state of mind for the criminally boring
12-06-2006, 08:36 AM,
ya Wazza is right. Fallout is perfect game.

Get it Keenan, you won't regret it. You will spend alot of sleepless night playing it. First start with Fallout 1 than Fallout 2 and if you love them buy Brotherhood of Steel. It's a tactical game in Fallout universe. Very nice game. But Fallout is a must have!

and btw Wazza welcome hehehe
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
12-10-2006, 05:03 PM,
Aboout Wazza's idea...
Hi!
I'm also new here, and i've been a fan of the crusader since ages.

It would be really nice to see a crusader game in the fallout engine.
Especially with the SPECIAL system, and of course with Shadowen's
ideas ;D

Oh, and one question; Is it possible to insert the sprites from the crusader games to the fallout engine?? ?:Smile

Keep up the good work BTW!
12-14-2006, 09:22 AM,
hmmm i'm not sure, but as long as e can extract sprites from Crusader engine (and we can actualy Wink ) i think it is possible to insert them into Fallout engine. But i never worked with Fallout engine, so i do nto know for sure. But i think it should be possible.
12-21-2006, 06:01 AM,
I think particular attention should be paid, if possible, to Fallout: Tactics, which takes the core of the Fallout games and adds more of a combat focus and the ability for real-time battle.

The illusion is almost there when you have a team of high-level characters, all wearing power armor, and the leader's main color is red...
12-21-2006, 07:16 AM,
(12-21-2006, 06:01 AM)Shadowen link Wrote: The illusion is almost there when you have a team of high-level characters, all wearing power armor, and the leader's main color is red...

so true...  ;D