Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUD Design
10-10-2008, 02:38 AM,
Re: HUD Design
Cool....
Simple/intuitive/effective in terms of use and implementation.

Maybe separate it into 2 sections
1.weapons      2.other items
1.weapons and explosives      2.other tech stuff

or keep it like hl2, same interface style (like in the picture) but on the top where it won't block Silencer's view much (and it also can be a single line with much smaller thumbnails/previews of the item).
10-10-2008, 10:43 AM,
I'd like no GUI for weapon selection, so that rolling the mousewheel just cycles through weapons and you can quickswitch with number keys.

The mockup I posted is only for inventory items.
10-10-2008, 03:45 PM,
(10-10-2008, 10:43 AM)Jupix link Wrote: I'd like no GUI for weapon selection, so that rolling the mousewheel just cycles through weapons and you can quickswitch with number keys.

The mockup I posted is only for inventory items.

ah..that would be better....
how about like I said before but only inventory items and at the bottom or top of the screen
10-10-2008, 04:22 PM,
I might like a wide, 1-row window similar in visuals to the mockup but I'm thinking in low resolutions it might not have enough space. To be honest, I prefer the larger one, even if it it a tad in the way. It only obstructs view for a second after inventory items are cycled.
10-10-2008, 05:14 PM,
yea that is true about low resolutions:
you could try: a scrolling method where the items scroll to display other items when a right or left button is clicked/hovered on.
or just like hl2 again (though this might be a bit more complicated): group the items: explosives-detpacks, spider bombs/mines..etc, communicators in another etc...
like u said the simple large interface might be for the best