Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File repo - upload your contributions!
10-11-2008, 06:11 PM,
File repo - upload your contributions!
Hi guys,

I've now got a functioning file repo online for our development files. This includes everything ranging from models, textures, code patches to release bundles.

The repo requires logging in. All contributors have upload rights. New categories and user accounts are created by me, so if you don't have write access and want to, please drop me a line by PM. This policy exists to enhance security.

There is a maximum upload limit of 20 MB. The repo accepts all filetypes, but use zips for all binary files, .h/.cpp for codefiles, .png for reference images and .txt for text files.

Post any categories you think are missing in this thread and I will create them. This also goes for missing features, although true to my development philosophy I purposedly coded the repo app to be as lightweight as possible.

Regret repo: http://jupix.info/regret/repo/

Quick manual:

- How to add files.

- How to remove files.

Log in. Select category. Click on file ID. Enable editing mode. Click "delete file". You can only remove files where you are the author.

- How to update files.

Log in. Select category. Click on file ID. Enable editing mode. Fill form, submit, done. You can only update files where you are the author.

- How to add categories

Only I can do that. Please post in this thread.

- How to register

Only I can register you. Please post in this thread.

- Version numbering

There are no versions in constantly developing and maturing content, so it's pointless to tack on "0.9" or "2.1" and that sort to our stuff. Still, we need some sort of version numbering to keep tabs on whether the mod is based on the latest content. Therefore let us use a simple integer, starting from one, and increment that each time we update our files. So versions will go 1, 2, 3, and so on as props/textures/whatever is updated.

- Bugs

There most certainly will be bugs in the repo app. Please post any in this topic or PM me.

- Site/downloads slow

Yes, downloads may be slow. This is running on my home server, with a 512 kilobit ADSL. Bear with it, it will load eventually.

I'm asking you all to please upload all your contributions to the repo. This way if we have hard drive failures, borked Windows installations or whatever, we don't lose stuff, and in addition, it's easier for me to see when new content becomes available for mapping. Thanks!
10-11-2008, 09:45 PM,
Re: File repo - upload your contributions!
Nice work, i wanted something like that a long time.

Personally i use svn on an extra server, which is even more comfortable, as you can integrate it into your explorer.
But i don't have it running all the time so i couldn't share it.

10-12-2008, 02:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2008, 02:14 PM by Jupix.)
Hey, it seems you uploaded LWO's. Can you also include SMD's, physboxes and textures (assuming you've got them)?
10-12-2008, 03:11 PM,
I will, once i have them ready.  Smile
10-13-2008, 08:09 PM,
I have to admit, making those packages is a bit cumbersome.

I have quite a bunch of working and test files which don't need to be in the repo and would make i grow to fast.
But because of that i can't make a simple checkout of my svn.

So i'm just putting the most important files like the lwo's, smd's and final textures in the repo, but i can't guarantee that they are the most recent.
10-13-2008, 08:30 PM,
Great idea with the repo

I ve uploaded all my stuff so far
10-17-2008, 01:49 AM,
I was actually planning on asking on how to send smd's to jupix/others....
nice such a repository is up and running Smile
10-18-2008, 12:56 PM,
Site updated.

* 10 latest files on front page now truncates titles over 20 characters in length
* Files now have the ability to have notes attached to them, editable by file uploaders and operators.
02-09-2009, 02:27 PM,
We're currently getting a lot of content through links other than the repo. May I please remind everyone to use to repo for any hosting of files.
02-09-2009, 11:15 PM,
I've some problems with uploading.

When i try to update a file to a new revision i get the message that i have no rights to do so, even if i'm the author.
And when i try to upload a new file the server tells me there is already a file of that name, but it's not displayed
(in this case the file is called MediStation)