Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revitalizing the music section
10-15-2010, 05:24 PM,
Re: Revitalizing the music section
[Image: crumusic.png]

Here's the nearly finished No Remorse music. The three files at the bottom either are screwed up (M07, M12) or have no discernible tag info (M16B).

Now, for the ones with info named "Misc. 4", etc., I'm thinking of getting their info from the composer. Hopefully he has "proper" names instead of "misc."

No Regret's isn't going to be as smooth, I think.
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
11-09-2010, 11:22 PM,
Got back into this; might have to restructure my method. Compared original ASF and MOD formats across several programs, and sometimes the rips aren't identical. For instance, Ninth Crusade from No Regret ends four seconds early than what is offered on the site. I'm not sure exactly the loop pattern by which the songs follow, so I should figure that out.

Is there any other tracker software that would open ASF files?
11-11-2010, 05:56 PM,
I'm no help here mate. Not quite familiar with the tracker programs.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
01-14-2011, 01:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2011, 02:48 AM by KeenanW.)
Great news! Mission 7 and 12 have been fixed with the latest foo_dumb update for foobar. Progress can continue. I'll finish these as soon as I can.

Some questions: What would you guys like the album art to be? I'm thinking just the game manual.
01-14-2011, 06:09 PM,
The work is finished! I've decided that the official site update will be when the new site is opened, but for now, I've uploaded the MP3 compilation of the soundtracks:

No Remorse [MP3-320CBR] - 178mb
No Regret [MP3-320CBR] - 256mb

I chose to do a single loop with a 10 second fade out. I tagged all I could as accurately as I could. Along with the MP3 versions, I will upload modified .AMF files with the tagging information from the FLAC/MP3 versions. This way, people can employ the benefit of the tags and use a program to create their own files if they wish. Or just listen to the raw AMFs and specify how many loops they want.

The sound quality is a lot better than the ones currently on the site. Hope everyone enjoys these!
01-14-2011, 10:00 PM,
Nice job! I'll nab them and listen to the redone version of M7 and M12 Smile I'm curious.
I guess what they say is true. Send a Silencer in and the job gets done.
01-14-2011, 10:53 PM,
Downloading them now. Great job mate!

Btw what about this new website and everything. Not sure if you read my reply here - http://cyberionsystems.com/echosector/in...88#msg7988

SO any info? Maybe via PM or something?
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
10-01-2011, 05:05 PM,
Just letting everyone know I'm redoing this project with better methods. Basically, I want to include every comment that was in the original AMF files, plus add in a track from the demo of No Remorse. Also, tagging will be different.
10-16-2011, 03:09 AM,
It is complete... again. You can download them in the Music folder here: http://www.mediafire.com/echosector

Tag changes, re-ripped, album art, plus a text file reference.