Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a teaser for what I'm working on
01-15-2011, 11:30 PM,
Re: Just a teaser for what I'm working on
And again, to tease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QHrFtI6HLU

I've added more content, fleshed out the first level in more detail. This is a flythrough of about the first minute. To note is that the engine *still* renders everything even if it can't possibly be visible and hence pushes 4.5 million polygons per frame, while running at 30 frames per second.

This also remarks the first time it runs on an Ati card. More graphics artifacts due to that; they'll be fixed later on.

For anybody reading this who is somewhat capable of texturing - everything you see that is grey is currently texture-less. I really really would like them to get textures since it so much improves the look & feel of the level...
01-16-2011, 09:26 AM,
what can I say - wow! Very good job there bro! If you don't mind I would like to advise to redo the yellow side railings. They are kinda... fat. Should be more thin and gentle, will greatly add to the look I guess. But this is just my IMHO.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
01-16-2011, 08:18 PM,
[Image: noremorsestart.png]

Current status of the first level of No Remorse. Only the fans work so far (and half the camera's - still have to find out why the duplicated camera's won't turn)

Cyberion, are you sure about the railings? I thought they were this fat in the original too...
01-18-2011, 12:24 AM,
Well, from the movie it looked to me so. But tomorrow I'll take a closer look andwill let you know.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
01-21-2011, 03:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2011, 03:43 PM by Candy.)
Ok, I'm done teasing.

http://www.hippomocks.com/crusader/setup.exe

Oh, basic system requirements:
- OpenGL 3.2 (DirectX 10) class video card
- Recent drivers (at least OpenGL 3.2 compliant)
- 30-odd megabytes of disk space
- 512MB video card
- 256MB memory
- Mouse
- Quick processor - only one core is used so far.
01-21-2011, 06:29 PM,
Ran it on my work system (P43.0GHz + 2.5GB of DDR2 with a GeForce 8400GS). It performed horribly (as expected from that low of a system) but it was decent enough to where I could look around and move as long as I didnt try and rush it. Great work sir! Now if we could find someone to help out with the textures hmmm
01-22-2011, 04:06 PM,
Ok, I checked it as well. And I have to agree, it requires a lot of optimisation. However I imagine the amount of work you put into this. It's increadible bro. Keep it going!

And as for the yellow railing. Inside they look ok indeed. So my idea about "fat" railings was wrong Wink
01-28-2011, 06:46 PM,
There's a murder on the dancefloor!
[Image: murderonthedancefloor.png]
01-31-2011, 12:48 AM,
lol, the silencer Wink What is it?
01-31-2011, 04:12 AM,
CSI: CRUSADER