Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crusader series - dev tools/SDK/whatever...
03-17-2011, 11:54 PM,
Crusader series - dev tools/SDK/whatever...
A few months ago, I asked Mark Vittek through a private message on YouTube, if we could get a hold of original Crusader dev-tools, but never got the reply, so I assumed that the answer is "no".

Anyone else ever tried asking someone from the original development team about this?
03-18-2011, 12:09 AM,
Re: Crusader series - dev tools/SDK/whatever...
Did you let him know he'd get +10xp to honor if he helped? I would be thrilled if someone from the original dev team went that far for us, or even just simple feedback. God only knows how busy they are though - or how strong a hold EA has on them Wink
03-18-2011, 12:21 AM,
(03-18-2011, 12:09 AM)Compel-X link Wrote: God only knows how busy they are though - or how strong a hold EA has on them Wink

I really think it's the latter. Still, I wonder why he didn't simply tell me that, instead of just ignoring me...  Sad
03-18-2011, 12:28 AM,
Who knows - perhaps its his way of avoiding an issue that could turn into a legal situation. Its probably like when you are searching through a forum with people posting technical questions and you skip over the ones that are not worth taking either because you see them every day and get tired of answering them over and over again or because its a can of worms that wont end up good for either party.
03-18-2011, 12:37 AM,
Maybe you're right. One more on a pile of reasons why not to like EA.  :mask:

BTW, if anyone wanna try asking him again, feel free.  Smile
03-18-2011, 12:42 AM,
If I could send one of them a simple 10 question sheet about how they approached certain problems when developing the game, it would be gold for us. Perhaps we can 'inspire' them with our tribute Smile
03-18-2011, 12:46 AM,
(03-18-2011, 12:42 AM)Compel-X link Wrote: If I could send one of them a simple 10 question sheet about how they approached certain problems when developing the game, it would be gold for us. Perhaps we can 'inspire' them with our tribute Smile

Now that would be a nice piece of less-obvious social engineering.  Smile

Really, I think this is actually a good idea.
03-19-2011, 10:54 AM,
I just thought of something...

Why don't we simply ask EA for development tools, or at least ask for their permission? That way, if they say "yes", we could ask Mark Vittek again. I know this is a long shot, but we don't have anything to lose.
03-19-2011, 04:20 PM,
I've asked for the source code several years ago. Could try again.
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
03-19-2011, 05:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 05:23 AM by compelx.)
I had contacted EA to attempt authorization of No Vindication. This was their response...

Quote:
We appreciate your interest in Electronic Arts Inc. and Crusader; however, we are unable to authorize your request.  Permission Denied. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Permission Requests Team
Electronic Arts Inc.

I think that means they like us