Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crusader series - dev tools/SDK/whatever...
03-19-2011, 11:10 PM,
Re: Crusader series - dev tools/SDK/whatever...
"Attempt authorization"? I'm not sure I understand what that means. Does it mean they are denying us the right to call our game "Crusader", or that we don't have rights to use "their" (Origin's) resources?
03-19-2011, 11:21 PM,
Both. Their system flagged my request as a commercial project or rights transfer so there wasnt a way to get the point across that this is an indie project that would be distributed privately without being sold commercially. Heck, we do not even take donations. EA processes so many requests, unless it meets certain requirements, they probably instantly deny the requests without looking. Means nothing to me - development shall proceed we just need to properly show who retains rights in the game
03-20-2011, 07:34 PM,
At the end of her email shes written "Permisision Denied". Its like shes an access panel from crusader stating, "Access Denied" Tongue
03-20-2011, 07:46 PM,
Lol, never actually thought of it like that. Shes making 'fun' of us! Would have been funnier if she said...

Quote:We appreciate your interest in Electronic Arts Inc. and Crusader; however, we are unable to authorize your request. Invalid keycard.
03-20-2011, 08:15 PM,
It's OK, we can always use Data pickBig Grin
03-25-2011, 09:04 PM,
Or take a good ol' GL-303 and blow the shit out of it (unless she's armoured like those blast doors).
I guess what they say is true. Send a Silencer in and the job gets done.
03-25-2011, 09:30 PM,
Would you be somewhat inclined to high five mercenaries if they used Spider Bombs?
04-25-2011, 04:38 PM,
Goku (Keenan) has some good contacts with Jason Ely. 2 years ago he said that he will rewrite the Crusader to work under windows for us. However this never happened.

So maybe Goku, can try and contact him again to give us some hints on the development and on the engine? Goku, intruder alert!
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
07-29-2013, 07:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013, 07:47 PM by JC Denton.)
RE: Crusader series - dev tools/SDK/whatever...
Hello everyone!

It's been a few years since anyone even tried to discuss getting original Crusader dev-tools from anyone who worked at Origin back in a day. A few names have been mentioned (Jason Ely, Mark Vittek) and some attempts have been made, but no results.

Well, are there any changes regarding the status of this issue? I mean, almost 17 years (!!!) have passed since the last Crusader game and I don't really see the reason (other than, of course, legal ones) why would anyone from the original development team refuse to give us the tools they used to develop Crusader series.

Keenan, you said (back in 2011.) that you've already asked once for source code and that you could ask again. Well - ask again, please. Smile