Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOSBox 0.74 Crusader Guide
09-24-2005, 10:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011, 08:41 PM by KeenanW.)

Welcome to the DOSBox 0.74 Crusader Guide. In this thread, I will list the steps on how to properly use DOSBox (http://www.dosbox.com/) to run both Crusader games at the optimal level.

Once downloaded, install it. If you get confused any time, just refer to the readme the installation provides.
  • Put in your No Remorse/No Regret CD.
  • Open DOS Box.
  • Type the following command (no quotations) ?mount c C:\[YOURCRUSADERDIRECTORY]?.
  • Type the following command (no quotations) ?mount [driveletter] [driveletter]:\ -t cdrom?.
  • Type (no quotations) "[CDROMDRIVE]:"
  • Type ?install? to install the game.
  • Follow the instructions.
  • Type the following command (no quotations) "C:".
  • Type the following without quotations "Crusader"or "Regret" to run the game.

Here is an example:
Mount c C:\Crusader
Mount d D:\ -t cdrom
D:
Install
C:
Crusader

If your game is slow, you should turn up/down the cycling (Turn up ? CTRL-F12, Turn Down ? CTRL-F11).

There's no need to do this every time to run Crusader. D-Fend is a DOSBox frontend, allowing you to make icons on the desktop, so you can just click it to start the game with your defined settings!

Note: You may need to create a folder prior to installation, or it may come up with an error message saying there's not enough hard drive space.

If you have any questions, post here.
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
09-25-2005, 07:00 PM,
Re: DOSBox 0.63 Crusader Guide
heh, I was about to hop in here and make a post asking how the game can be run on modern machines! I picked up No Remorse and No Regret in a preowned bin years back and had an insane amount of fun with them. Didn't know I could run them in DosBox!! Big Grin

Thanks!
09-25-2005, 09:11 PM,
Hey there! I feel so happy, you're our first member.  Smile

Tell me if what I listed worked for you.
09-28-2005, 05:27 AM,
Excellent post, thank you thank you thank you thank you! ?;D
09-28-2005, 12:24 PM,
No problem.  ;D
11-20-2005, 11:05 PM,
Hey.

Congrats on the site first of all. Crusader is too good of a game just to be forgotten.

I've downloaded DOSBox and Crusader: No Regret from 'Home of the Underdogs', but when I load the game, there's no background (black screen), and any movement leaves trails behind.

Any idea whats wrong?

I have a Dell inspiron 6000,

Win XP,

1.7 gHz

512 MB RAM

60GB Hard drive

I don't have a floppy drive, so a boot disk can't be used.

Any help would be great.

Thank you,

CJ Marren
11-21-2005, 10:51 PM,
We don't really support piracy, but I really have no idea what the problem is... It's probably because it's a pirated copy. Just buy a copy off of http://www.ebay.com
11-22-2005, 10:52 PM,
Thats cool, thanks.

I have my old copy of No Remorse, so I'll try that and see what happens.

Any way to mail Origin or EA about a new crusader game? or even start a petition?
It might surprise them if it gained enough support. Just a thought...
You can have my gun when you pry it from my paranoid, mentally disturbed, physically-abusive, cold, dead hand.<br />- Bumper sticker
11-24-2005, 01:30 PM,
I always wanted to start a petition, but I knew it was useless. In my whole eight years of being on the internet, I've met probably 20 Crusader fans... and I don't think 20 people would convince EA to make a new Crusader game.  Maybe this website will get alot of fans and then maybe we'll start one.  Smile
11-25-2005, 10:55 PM,
Well, I could kickstart things by getting as many signatures as possible on the Irish Whip Wrestling forums.... if I do, I'll let you guys know.

Hows 'No Hope' coming along?

You can have my gun when you pry it from my paranoid, mentally disturbed, physically-abusive, cold, dead hand.<br />- Bumper sticker