• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOSBox 0.74 Crusader Guide
03-16-2006, 12:52 AM,
Re: DOSBox 0.63 Crusader Guide
Make sure that the C: path is mounted.
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
03-16-2006, 03:46 PM,
Quote:Make sure that the C: path is mounted.

That did it! Thanks, I appreciate it...was having a blonde moment, didn't realize you could mount more than one drive at a time in DOSBox. A big thumbs up to the developer(s) of DOSBox, now I can enjoy some of those gems of yesteryear like Crusader:No Remorse/No Regret, The Elder Scrolls:Arena, etc. And a big thumbs up to you for your help!
03-16-2006, 10:55 PM,
No problem! Visit often! Smile
04-23-2006, 05:39 PM,
I don't know why anyone would want to do this, BUT, if you want to use a joystick with Crusader No Regret/No Remorse...

...apparently, my WC3 joystick patch also fixes the Crusader series.? There's a .diff file as well as a precompiled binary for Windows in this Vogons thread http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.ph...8b7ca6110e

I've never played any of the Crusader games myself, but I thought you might be interested.
04-25-2006, 01:05 AM,
Hey Justice, Goku here.

You should get them.

Among the best games ever!
05-10-2006, 06:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2006, 06:23 PM by geo.)
Re: DOSBox 0.65 Crusader Guide
I've tried DOSbox over and over and over, but it keeps getting stuck on the movies.  if I try to increase the emulator speed it locks up and the game won't run at all on ensuing tries (one of those lovely DOS overstack, can't read NULL in fileFLEX blah blah errors) so I end up having to reinstall again.

Is there some way to skip the movies altogether? I can't even tell if the game itself will run, just can't get that far.  ???

And it's from my original No Remorse CD from 1995. Smile
05-10-2006, 06:37 PM,
hmmm i think only GOKU can help you on this question. He is our DosBox expert Big Grin
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
05-10-2006, 09:16 PM,
Yeah, you can install without the movies. I believe you can open the CRUSADER.CFG file in the directory and change "FLICS=TRUE" to "FLICS=FALSE".
05-26-2006, 09:27 PM,
Hey guys been a few days but i finally had a chance to try out dosbox on the game earlier. Took a few minutes to figure out and get used to mounting but it's easy to pick up.

I was able to mount and install crusader no remorse on my 2nd drive. Figure might as well start the story from the beginning since it's been so long anyways.

The sound test the installation does worked fine, which got me pretty excited since that's the farthest i've gotten with installing everything as I would've back then.

Game started up and looked great, little slowdown but considering I havn't been able to get it working i'd say it was a big step. During the video i x'ed out to install No Regret to make sure that was working too.

I tried loading up No Remorse once more just to make sure I was doing everything right but had an issue this time around. While it was in the process of loading up where it says "loading with full installation" after all the dots were finished going across it crashed and said:

"
Quote:unable to open file <null>, in file/fastflex.C, line 38.

Now mind you, after I installed it I ran it immediatly and the video was fine...intro video in the sewars had started.

Help!  :Smile
05-26-2006, 09:39 PM,
OK! forget what I said in that last post....realized what the program was.

I need to mount my dvd drive FIRST, then mount my E: drive and then go to the directory and run the game.

The game loads up fine, but there's a new problem now.

I'm guessing it's with the cycling because there definitly is some slowdown. It's like a game that you're computer can't support or playing people online with a slow connection...lagging and all that.

When they talk there's a definite echo.

I try to speed it up which seemed to help, but I kept cycling it up hoping to get the videos at a normal speed and it crashed.

Is there something i'm not doing or maybe a patch or something else? I don't know if gameplay would be like this and i'm definitly happy it's atleast loading...but this is a game that I loved watching the videos and don't want to do without them. Would there be an improvement if I had chosen small videos instead of large?

I'm getting closer! I can feel it! lol