Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOSBox 0.74 Crusader Guide
05-27-2006, 07:37 AM,
Re: DOSBox 0.65 Crusader Guide
that's the same trouble i had. Always crashed when the flics were playing. That's why i decided to create a DEEP Big Grin lol

I'm not sure what it can be. I guess the only way is to avoid playing the movies.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
05-27-2006, 10:13 AM,
Indeed, it's a cycling problem ! I had same problem with almost of my DOS CD games... until I discover D-Fend. You can find it in the "download" area of the DOSBox site (in "tools")... It's a frontend of DOSBox for Windows and configure games with it is easier.

I advise you all to download and test it. DOSBox must be already installed. The new version of D-Fend (compatible with DOSBox 0.65) is beta for now, but it works for me. To have D-Fend in the last version, you must install the previous version (2.0.62.42) and replace "dfend.exe" (in the D-Fend repertory) by the new one (I advise you to backup the old file). You can find the previous version and the new executable file in the download area of the D-Fend site (http://members.home.nl/mabus/).
When you run D-Fend the first time, it asks you where is DOSBox... After that, you are in D-Fend. You can create profiles, one for each game.

The better solution is to configure the default settings before create new profiles. So, you can easily create profiles with some clics ! Wink

To do that, go to "Configure defaults" in the "Extra" menu.
In the "General" tab, I advise you to check the boxes for "Close DOSBox after game exit", "Start fullscreen", and "Auto lock mouse".
In the "Mounting" tab, you can mount drives. I advise you to mount a repertory for all your games (for example C:\games) as C and the CD-ROM drive as D. To mount a drive, click on "Add..." button, choose if you mount HD or CD-ROM drive, check the box "Enable Input/output control" (if you have Windows XP, 2000 or NT4) and choose the drive letter.
For other tabs, you can let them like they are ! Smile

Now, you can create game profiles. I'll do it with you for Crusader : No Remorse ! Wink
Click on the "wizard hat" button to create it with the wizard. Type the "Profile Name" (Crusader : No Remorse), choose the "Game EXE" (if Crusader is installed, take crusader.exe, if not, choose the install file of the CD-ROM) and Setup EXE (if installed, install.exe in the crusader repertory, if not, just let it blank).
After that, if you have already configure defaults, just click on"accept all defaults" button. Crusader : No Remorse is now listed.
If Crusader isn't installed yet, run it to install it and, after, edit the profile (right click) to change "Game EXE" and "Setup EXE" with good files (see above).

I advise you to put the "game info" in the corresponding tab (when you edit profile). I entered that :
Genre : Action/adventure
Developer : Origin Systems
Publisher : Electronic Arts
Year : 1995

And now, to avoid cycling problems, in the "Environment" tab, type a number between 10000 and 15000 in "Cycles" (for me, with a Pentium 3 1 GHz, 14000 is good) and try the game. If you have some problems (expecially with sound), try a different number.

Good luck and good game ! Big Grin
Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept? - FH
05-29-2006, 02:20 AM,
UNBELIEVABLE! I did that and had no lag and man was I ever in heaven! Thank you Thank you Thank you all!

The one thing that does suck however is I can't buy you, Cyberion and Keenan a drink...although maybe a "legal" drink for Keenan  Big Grin

I'm so excited though lol

It was funny though as soon as the game loaded up and I started playing I remembered how to go through inventory, switching weapons, etc. As if I never stopped playing.

2 things I noticed I don't think I could ever forget...1. the guy that first talks to you when you start a game, they picked the right guy cause he looks like a nut, his eyes are wide as hell!

2. This just might've been the only game that had multiple people in FMV that actually worked. Guess it had to work here or there once in a while lol

This'll keep me entertained all over again!
05-29-2006, 03:08 AM,
Congratulations! I hope you play it over and over again more than me.

(I've beaten No Remorse over one hundred times.)
"First let me say welcome to the Resistance, Captain."
05-30-2006, 12:37 PM,
I'm glad that it works ! It's always a great moment to play Crusader after several years of hardship ! Wink
Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept? - FH
06-02-2006, 04:07 AM,
WOW Keenan, and I thought I enjoyed the game lol.

That is a hell of alot of times, I don't know if I could play it quite that much. Is this game modable? I don't know how many games were back then as the mod scene wasn't that big but nowadays i'm sure people have tried. Some kinda instant action mode or something would be awesome...I guess with the 2nd one once I get to it and beat it I could warp to certain levels with all the weapons and just destroy everything. I always had fun doing that and the game makes it real hard to conserve ammo sometimes.

Robo it is great to finally get to play it. Without D-fend who knows if I would've been able to. I've been playing it like crazy, whether I have 20min or an hr, it was real addicting.

Anyone know where I could dl the patches? I forgot the game had them. From what I read, the only thing the main patch fixes for the first game is some teleporter issues...so it's alright not to run it just yet because then I wouldn't be able to continue my games.

Keenan how's the game coming that your friend is pitching? Seems to be the only Crusader game that anyone's working on so I look foward to hearing more about it.

IMDB actually has full staff listing on everyone from both games, interesting to see that some of them had pretty good careers in tv/movies even if it was just as extras or such.

They actually have a pic of Marco Perella which i'm surprised at because most of them they don't...but he's had some roles in movies so that might be why.
06-02-2006, 01:10 PM,
You can download the patches at our website. http://www.cyberionsystems.com/echosecto...loads.html

The last I heard about the game is that EA is still thinking it over.

07-30-2006, 12:15 PM,
Hey all!! Crusader is my favorite game, I just got the full version with the videos,
but now the graphics are messed up as shown in this pic:

[Image: crusader.png]

How i fix it? Who knows? Please help me!
07-30-2006, 12:41 PM,
Are you playing a legitimate copy?
07-30-2006, 03:19 PM,
(07-30-2006, 12:41 PM)Keenan Weaver link Wrote: Are you playing a legitimate copy?

Not sure, i download it from torrent users. But this copy is full, CD-rip.