Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient DOS Games review of No Remorse
04-09-2014, 10:15 PM,
RE: Ancient DOS Games review of No Remorse
That was part of Weasel's charm if you ask me. I always loved those cut scenes, especially when you decided NOT to buy after all.

I liked General Maxis a lot because in my eyes he was never over the top. He actually came across as someone whom I could see being a military leader. Wizard was the other best done character as he's never over the top and feels natural.

I agree with Denning, so far I like him a lot. I haven't had much experience with cut scenes in No Regret as most of my playthroughs were on a version with no cutscenes.

I love some of Shepherd's reactions. I locked myself in a room on level 4 and he's like "Really? You are the most advanced killing machine in the Consortium and you managed to lock yourself in the broom closet?". A bit over the top acting, but very humorous (so it was well placed over the top).

Once I reach the mission with the Ore seperator I'm going to see if I get different responses when I fail the mission as was the case in No Remorse on the mission where Tax Man dies (you could skip out the mission before blowing up your objective and Ely would be "not amused").
I guess what they say is true. Send a Silencer in and the job gets done.
04-10-2014, 10:30 AM,
I think Marco Perella said in one interview that he intentionally tried to make The Weasel "borderline demented".

I remember just one situation where Shepherd can react in two ways to your (lack of) actions. In one mission you get to destroy some mechs and if you miss just one of them, you'll see a cutscene with Shepherd chewing you out for being incompetent. Smile

BTW, I downloaded and watched the flics outside the game and I found several videos with Weasel that I never saw in the game. Also, there's a flic with Yo-Yo sleeping.
04-10-2014, 05:24 PM,
The one of Yo-Yo sleeping I saw once after watching the credits. Perhaps it was a bonus flic that sometimes played.

Regarding the Mechs, that's probably mission three as Shepherd contacted me for doing a good job taking them out. I'll reload a save and play through it leaving one alive to see what he says. Thanks for the tip.
I guess what they say is true. Send a Silencer in and the job gets done.