Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEEP v1.3 Crusader Guide
01-09-2007, 05:57 AM,
Re: DEEP v1.3 Crusader Guide
hmmmm hard call here. Not sure about partition thing. I'm not a professional programmer so this stuff about partition is a black hole to my knowledge. Even on how DEEP will work in different partition types - i have no idea.

did you try to type in dos mode - c: - this should let you access c drive. Also did you copied everything to the exact folders and drives as it written in the readme file prior to install to a diskette and restart your PC with a diskette inside your drive?
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
01-09-2007, 06:08 AM,
ok it was reported to me that your c drive needs to have FAT32 partition in order to work properly under DEEP. However this isn't 100% true. I tested DEEP few days ago on my different drives. one with FAT and one with NTFS. Both worked.

From what i managed to recover i may conclude:

C drive with FAT partition - DEEP will operate on 100% correctly.

C drive with NTFS partition - DEEP won't start in most cases. However on some systems it runs normally to unknown reasons so far. My assumption is - the type of format process during windows install (fast or complete format).
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz
01-09-2007, 12:09 PM,
Quoted from http://www.bcpl.net/~dbryan/ntfs-dual-boot.html

Dual-booting Windows NT and DOS/Win95 When C: Is NTFS

However, there are some restrictions that must be observed for the procedure to work.? All of the following must be true:

? ? * DOS must be installed on a primary partition.? Logical partitions will not work.
? ? * The DOS partition must be on Drive 0 at boot time.? Swapping drives around at configuration time won't work.
? ? * The DOS partition (specifically, the root directory) must start within 1024 cylinders of the start of the drive.
? ? * The DOS partition (specifically, the root directory) must start within 2 GB (actually 2,113,928,704 bytes) of the start of the drive.

If you violate any of these restrictions, DOS may install but will not boot.

It's easy to tell your partition configuration via 2000/XP Disk Management. It allows you to create up to 4 primary partitions.?Installed on hard drive or not, when booting to DOS, the partition requirements must be met. Primary or logical is automatically handled by Microsoft Windows 2000/XP installation programs. They (including DOS FDisk) will not allow you to create more than one primary partitions. You have to do it later via Disk Management or other 3rd party programs.
12-10-2009, 07:21 AM,
DEEP v1 3 Crusader Guide
Well I used D-fend as it makes dosbox usage easier. I remember having problems with crusader too. I just copied the cd to a folder and mounted the cd to it, and it works.

Hope it helps.