Starcraft 2 engine

Shadowen

From what I've seen, the Starcraft 2 engine is ridiculously flexible.  Just for example, within the user interface of the ship, in the cantina, there's an arcade game that's an old-school shmup built entirely within the in-game engine.  It might be suitable for something like a Crusader game--with the added advantage of outside environments being simple.  I'll be taking a look at it in the near future and reporting back.

Cyberion

Administrator
SC2's interface is nothing more, but just upgraded Wing Commander interface.

compelx

Depends on its flexibility, learning curve, and ease of integration with collaborated materials. I am personally the kind of guy that would like to build an engine from scratch. That way if something goes wrong, we know exactly what to do to fix it

OP
OP
S

Shadowen

That's a fair point.

As it turns out, I'm hopeless with the engine.  Lost at sea (or in space, as the case may be).

However.

I have seen a decent fanmade bit that looks like ingame from World of Warcraft--i.e., just about right for a modern third-person shooter.  So I languish in hope.

Cyberion

Administrator
btw Shadowen, I remember your love for writing. Interested in writing something for Crusader: No Vindication? ;)

compelx

Warcraft III had a mod for a 3rd-person shooter. Something about picking a weapon class and then finding and destroying zombies and restoring power. Very fun and if I had the knowledge and tools I would see if we could extract bits and pieces from it for use.

OP
OP
S

Shadowen

Cyberion link said:
btw Shadowen, I remember your love for writing. Interested in writing something for Crusader: No Vindication? ;)
I wouldn't say no.  If you want me to actually come up with a story wholecloth, I'm not sure if I have the time for that.  I could take plot points and expand them into a full story or whatever.

Cyberion

Administrator
Sure thing mate. Just popup more often. I was waiting for your reply all those days ;)

We can talk about it in the Story thread of Crunovin section. I'll create one, so you can reply.

Top Bottom