Which are your favourite/hate missions and weapons in both crusader? General Spk

• Thread starter CrusaderManiac_2007
  • Start date
OP
OP
C

CrusaderManiac_2007

have you played Descent, Descent II, Fury 3x, Terminal Velocity and Time Commando, Age Of Empires I?.

Cyberion

Administrator
Re: Which are your favourite/hate missions and weapons in both crusader? General

Yes, however I can't say those are my favorite, but I loved Time COmmando. All others were good, but not perfect.

Robotophe

Re: Which are your favourite/hate missions and weapons in both crusader? General

Time Commando is by Adeline Software, like LBA ! ;)

My favourite games list is :
  • Crusader series
  • LBA series (a third one is still possible)
  • Alone in the Dark 1 (the only one made by guys who created Adeline Software just after that)
  • You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
    (here the optimized version for Pentium that on LBA2 CD (POPCORN.EXE) and the level editor (POPGEN.EXE) that was created with the game in 1988)
  • The first two Prince of Persia and the last trilogy
  • Diablo series
  • StarCraft

Oh ! And for LBA1, an
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
(made by S?bastien Vianney, one of the programmers of LBA1) exists to run it on Windows ! It works very well and you can play with hot keys of LBA2 !
And LBA2 can have some troubles with XP, there is
to correct this !

GTCG

LBAWIN is the name of this program. LBA1 works flawlessly on it.
Link:

The Silencer

LBAWIN is the file that Robotophe posted :) Thanks so much for both files, I can play both LBA games without DosBox, improves the gameplay of both.

Btw, you say it's possible to use LBA 2 hotkeys for LBA. I haven't found that option (though I could finally disable that annoying wall hit damage thing). I wouldn't mind mapping the behaviours to F5-F8, when switching from LBA to LBA2 or vv it always annoys the heck out of me. It doesn't change the save system I presume?

Robotophe

The Silencer link said:
Thanks so much for both files, I can play both LBA games without DosBox, improves the gameplay of both.
It's always a pleasure to help a LBA gamer ! ;)

Btw, you say it's possible to use LBA 2 hotkeys for LBA. I haven't found that option
Yeah, you can't play with all hotkeys of LBA2...

I wouldn't mind mapping the behaviours to F5-F8, when switching from LBA to LBA2 or vv it always annoys the heck out of me.
Indeed, you can't change that... I forgot that annoying difference (and I always wondered why they change that)... :-[
When I said that you can use hotkeys of LBA2, I thought about the "normal mode action" hotkey (the 'W' key on AZERTY keyboard, maybe 'Z' on QWERTY) that can be very useful !...

It doesn't change the save system I presume?
No, it doesn't... I find that the save system is particular but, with habit, it's not a bad one ! :)

______
Oops ! I forgot StarCraft and Diablo series on my list, I'll add them right now ! :D

OP
OP
C

CrusaderManiac_2007

Yeah, Descent is other of my favourite games. I'm an excellent player of it. And I have the 3 sequels. And now I'm downloading with torrent, descent 3 mercenary add-on missions. But first I what I do is finishing the descent 3 game and then applying the add on because is a mather of order. Also I'm downloading descent freespace 2 the great war. Descent 3 is the newer version and it uses Opengl drives and Direct 3d glide drivers. Has a beautiful environment. Fairly different from the two first sequels which its graphics has lot of spheres and polygons and are primitive. But still being the best oldies. hehe.

The Silencer

Robotophe link said:
Indeed, you can't change that... I forgot that annoying difference (and I always wondered why they change that)... :-[
When I said that you can use hotkeys of LBA2, I thought about the \"normal mode action\" hotkey (the 'W' key on AZERTY keyboard, maybe 'Z' on QWERTY) that can be very useful !...

No, it doesn't... I find that the save system is particular but, with habit, it's not a bad one ! :)
I already found out about the quick action key, it was indeed one of the things I missed in LBA and it was annoying having to switch to normal mode to talk to a person or search the trash cans for kashes. I didn't like the save system at all, I'm glad they fixed that in LBA 2.

OP
OP
C

CrusaderManiac_2007

• Here is my list of favourite PC Games:
    • Crusader Series
    • Time Commando
    • Descent Series (I, II,  3 and Mercenary)
    • Descent Freespace Series
    • Doom series
    • Quake Series (I and II)
    • Duke Nukem 3d
    • Terminal Velocity
    • Fury 3x
    • Commandos 1
    • Simcity 2000, 3000, World Edition and SimCity 4
    • The Sims 1 series with their add-ons
    • Worms 3 Armageddon and Worms Party
    • Age Of Empires Series (I, Rise of Rome, II and The conquerors)
    • Diablo 1
    • MDK 1
    • Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3 and 4
    • Need For Speed series till Underground ( I haven't played Carbon yet)
    • International Rally Championship (nice oldie)
    • Swat 2, 3 and 4
    • Blood 2
    • Redneck Rampage
    • Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3
    • Alone In The Dark 4 The New Nightmare ( the only I liked from the 4 sequels)
    • Counter Strike series
    • Call Of duty series
    • Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne
    • Starcraft
    • Fifa from 95 till the last one
    • Tomb Raider Series
    • Command and Conquer series

These games are using emulators such as Mame32:
    • Street Fighter series
  • Street Fighter Alpha series
  • Xmen Vs Street Fighter
  • Marvel Vs Street Fighter
  • Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2
  • Marvel Vs SNK 1 and 2
  • The King of fighters series
  • Snow Bros
  • Arkanoid
  • Tetris
  • Captain Commando
  • Metal Slug series
  • Pac Man

And that's it. There are some new Pc games that I want to play, like Lineage or Mu. Diablo II, Quake 4 and more...Hitman maybe and Half Life 2.

I discovered a way of ripping Crusader videos, using DosBox 0.70, and pressing the key CTRL+ALT+F5. Then you rip or edit in a program such as Adobe, Ulead, etc...

Pfff Well,

I like all the missions and all the weapons in crusader :D  cause they are just frigging cool.

:p  Well thats an easy answer aint it :)

Greetingss from LORD_DrDeathhand

Crusadermaniac_2007

Now I'll have to add some new:

Lineage 2
Warcraft 3 TFT
Need For Speed U and U2.
COFDuty 1 and 2.
Diablo.
I love epic games and futuristic games as well.

Top Bottom