Custom music (AMF) support broken in GoG version of No Remorse?

Berserker.79

Did anyone else have problems with the GoG version of No Remorse when trying to get custom music (AMF) files to work? Apparently, after loading a custom AMF file to play as the background music for a given mission, the game will crash as soon as the mission with the custom music starts (or if loading a savegame of that mission).

Here is what I did in order to have a custom AMF file load. The GoG version of No Remorse relies on DOSBox to run the game and a quick look at the file "dosboxCRUSADER_single.conf" revealed that the subfolder "cloud_saves" is mounted as C drive when running the game. I put my custom AMF file (actually, it was one of the No Regret AMF files) in the "cloud_saves" folder and added the following command line in the "CRUSADER.CFG" file which is also stored in "cloud_saves":

tune14=C:\PARTY.AMF

The game starts without any problem, acknowledging that a custom AMF has been loaded for mission 14, but when I loaded my mission 14 savegame (or started the mission from scratch), the game crashed.

Incidentally, the game crashes also when using the CTRL+M command to switch to a different song whenever the last music file in the list (one of the three rebel base songs) plays. With the original game I clearly remember that hitting CTRL+M one more time simply switched to the mission 1 song (i.e. Dimension 2012), but in the GoG version the game crashes.

Did anyone else have problems with the GoG version of No Remorse when trying to get custom music (AMF) files to work? Apparently, after loading a custom AMF file to play as the background music for a given mission, the game will crash as soon as the mission with the custom music starts (or if loading a savegame of that mission).

Here is what I did in order to have a custom AMF file load. The GoG version of No Remorse relies on DOSBox to run the game and a quick look at the file "dosboxCRUSADER_single.conf" revealed that the subfolder "cloud_saves" is mounted as C drive when running the game. I put my custom AMF file (actually, it was one of the No Regret AMF files) in the "cloud_saves" folder and added the following command line in the "CRUSADER.CFG" file which is also stored in "cloud_saves":

tune14=C:\PARTY.AMF

The game starts without any problem, acknowledging that a custom AMF has been loaded for mission 14, but when I loaded my mission 14 savegame (or started the mission from scratch), the game crashed.

Incidentally, the game crashes also when using the CTRL+M command to switch to a different song whenever the last music file in the list (one of the three rebel base songs) plays. With the original game I clearly remember that hitting CTRL+M one more time simply switched to the mission 1 song (i.e. Dimension 2012), but in the GoG version the game crashes.
Both the root game folder and cloud_saves are mounted in how GOG has the DOSBox configuration. It is as simple as making a folder in the root game directory (example: C:\GOG\Crusader\MyMusic), and using that to store the files instead of the cloud_saves folder.

This is how I did it. Confirmed that PARTY.AMF is played.

Attachments

• 1646767669302.png
    1646767669302.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 1646767697895.png
    1646767697895.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 1646767715562.png
    1646767715562.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 7
Both the root game folder and cloud_saves are mounted in how GOG has the DOSBox configuration. It is as simple as making a folder in the root game directory (example: C:\GOG\Crusader\MyMusic), and using that to store the files instead of the cloud_saves folder.

This is how I did it. Confirmed that PARTY.AMF is played.

Thanks for this, I'm going to test later today and see whether I can get custom music to work. Maybe the mistake was using the clud_saves folder.

Update: got it to work, thanks! 🤩

Last edited:
Back