3D Models

so far I think we should concentrate on game models. No walls or ceiling or what so ever.

Most parts of the level design (mapping) could be done with Source Engine, this should be enough.

When we are done with the first level we may start think about additional details. Like more detailed walls, ceiling, etc... right now the task should be as easy as possible. Build map, model all objects, populate map with those objects, create hud and dynamics (firing, etc...) compile everything together and see what we have. From that we may start to think about more complex things if those will be needed.

Ok since I have passion to coordinate the stuff, I guess I'll take on orginising again, till the time I get busy with my personal life.

Let's say like that:

Jupix - Project Lead
Hellhound - Project monitoring and support
Cyberion - Project management

since i'm very good at managing stuff I'll take it from here. Tomorrow I'll write and post the general concept of our workflow. So we can keep focused on the primary tasks and do not think about anything else.

P.S. I updated Team section, so it reflects the right status of our positions.

Why don't you and H consider each other equals, and manage stuff when and as required. You could call yourself project managers, under my careful supervision. ;)

Wow these models are really awesome.
I just tooked a short look into the google tool, but didn't imagine, that its so powerful.
Really nice.

Also the overall progress. Next week i think i ll find some time to fresh up the texture section and start to think about new textures for the first level

Hellhound link said:
Wow these models are really awesome.
I just tooked a short look into the google tool, but didn't imagine, that its so powerful.
Really nice.

Yup!!...sketchup is awesome!!
It's only limitation is organic modeling but there are many things that aren't organic :p
Its simple, intuitive but at the same time powerful enough to do a lot (what brought me too sketchup was it's fast/shallow learning curve).
It is a surface modeler by the way and not a solid one like other major 3d modeling apps.
Lot of people say simple models can be modeled faster in sketchup (don't quote me on this, but some people do swear by it...lol).
And as always the tools that will always lie next to your heart are: Push/Pull, Follow Me, Intersect and Contour lines  :mask:
Learning the shortcuts and combinations always helps :)

Back