DOSBox 0.74 Crusader Guide

Re: DOSBox 0.65 Crusader Guide

That's why.

We won't provide support for pirated copies.

The problem is that you have some troubles with your video card. Under what system are you running it? And what are you using to run it + give some info about your video card.

I'm use DOSBox 0.65 on 12000 Cicles, System XP Sp1, MotherBoard ASUS A7N8X-E
Athlon XP 2600+, Radeon 9600 XT 128Mb DirectX 9.0c, 1Gb DDR.

hmmm it is defenetly a problem with your video card. Radeons has been known to cause that kind of a glitches. Try to download the latest drivers for the video card. Also what version are you playing? Is it no remorse or no regret? If no remorse, than download a patch for no remorse from our download section.

If the problems remains, try to contact the creators of DOSBOX - http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

It's No Remorse... That Guard sprite never appears in No Regret.  ;)

Yaaa! Its No Remorse...No Regret run fine on my mashine, and has not that problem.
I have Crusader: No Remorse V1.23.
Hmmm, i don't know what a f..in video card problem :((

THANKYOU!!!! I LOVE U MAN THANKS SO MUCH CRUSADERS WORKS ON XP!!

W00t!

This is AWESOME! Thank you a dozen times over for this resource!

Crusader kicketh major butt!
I still have an old copy of Win 95 lying around and thought I would've to tweak around with that ... but this website saved me some major hassle :)

I just finished playing the demo (oh sweet goodness! :D). I just bought the games online through eBay (again!) but couldn't wait for them to arrive home so I downloaded the demo just to get psyched!

Couple questions though:

1. I noticed that after Level 1 - the background music kinda stopped playing. All other sound FX worked fine - just the kickass background score kinda stopped.... would it have something to do with saving the game?
2. Is it just me or does the demo NOT come with videos?

I downloaded the dosbox and dfend stuff from the links on/thru your website today (12/06/06) and I have a brand new computer I purchased not maybe 2 weeks ago - Core Duo, XP, 2 gigs RAm, 500 gig HDD, Radeon X1600 (can't remember which version XT, Pro or the 512 MB one)

cheers,

Videos are not shipped with the demo. Note that FLICS directory containing the video is absent in the demo.

Welcome! Thanks so much for the praise!

About the music stopping, this has always happened to me, even since 1995. It does happen after saving. There is a way to switch tracks in game, but I can't remember what the hotkey is. I believe you have to turn cheats on first.

yes, the game's tracks have a tendancy to turn off. It happened to me several times. The solution to this problem - try to switch the tracks. And as Keenan said you might need to turn on the cheats.

btw, WELCOME!

Thanks folks!

I don't recall the music turning off for me when I had the original No Regret game - but it does look like a documented issue. I'll give the chats a whirl.

The eBay seller has informed me that she has shipped the games.

Can you tell I'm excited?!!! What better way to spend my days off from work than by obliterating WEC personel?  ;D

Thanks again for an awesome website!

cheers,
PS: One of the things that I really DO love about Crusader is the fiction and the story line. Just added that definite edge to the game that seems to be missing in most games today!  :-[

Keenan Weaver link said:
Welcome! Thanks so much for the praise!

About the music stopping, this has always happened to me, even since 1995. It does happen after saving. There is a way to switch tracks in game, but I can't remember what the hotkey is. I believe you have to turn cheats on first.

I believe in No Remorse that could be done by using CTRL+M?

Keenan Weaver link said:
That's what my original thought was.

It is, I tried it and the music changed. No clue how it is done in No Regret though, can't check either since I don't have my CD here right now.

The Silencer link said:
It is, I tried it and the music changed. No clue how it is done in No Regret though, can't check either since I don't have my CD here right now.
Crtl+M works in No Remorse too.

'cept that if you keep switching it too often and when it hits a certain track (random so far), it kinda hangs.

cheers,

I have a similar problem like the guy had about 2 pages ago. I have no remorse and I can't get it to install because it says I have 0 MEGS of hard drive space. I have two drives a C: and D: for hard drives and F: for a disk drive. I mounted both the c: and d: and it still says I don't have enough! I have no clue how to run it! HELP! I need to play this game haven't played it since I was 6 years old!

Creamey link said:
I have a similar problem like the guy had about 2 pages ago. I have no remorse and I can't get it to install because it says I have 0 MEGS of hard drive space. I have two drives a C: and D: for hard drives and F: for a disk drive. I mounted both the c: and d: and it still says I don't have enough! I have no clue how to run it! HELP! I need to play this game haven't played it since I was 6 years old!

Create the folder first before installing.

No Remorse works fine for me, as does No Regret...

...sort of.

a) DOSBox has no SVGA support; this means no hi-color video.

b) The menu and game music and sound seems to run best between 15000-19500 cycles.

c) At 20000+ cycles, music and sound start to skip.

c) Without sound, video runs best at 22000 cycles.

d) With sound, I can't get video to run without frequent sound and video pause-skips.

Yeah, DOSBox isn't a perfect emulation system, but at least it gets all the basics done.... If you really want amazing performance, get a quad-core processor or something.  ;)

Back