File repo - upload your contributions!

Jupix

Hi guys,

I've now got a functioning file repo online for our development files. This includes everything ranging from models, textures, code patches to release bundles.

The repo requires logging in. All contributors have upload rights. New categories and user accounts are created by me, so if you don't have write access and want to, please drop me a line by PM. This policy exists to enhance security.

There is a maximum upload limit of 20 MB. The repo accepts all filetypes, but use zips for all binary files, .h/.cpp for codefiles, .png for reference images and .txt for text files.

Post any categories you think are missing in this thread and I will create them. This also goes for missing features, although true to my development philosophy I purposedly coded the repo app to be as lightweight as possible.

Regret repo: http://jupix.info/regret/repo/

Quick manual:

- How to add files.

- How to remove files.

Log in. Select category. Click on file ID. Enable editing mode. Click "delete file". You can only remove files where you are the author.

- How to update files.

Log in. Select category. Click on file ID. Enable editing mode. Fill form, submit, done. You can only update files where you are the author.

- How to add categories

Only I can do that. Please post in this thread.

- How to register

Only I can register you. Please post in this thread.

- Version numbering

There are no versions in constantly developing and maturing content, so it's pointless to tack on "0.9" or "2.1" and that sort to our stuff. Still, we need some sort of version numbering to keep tabs on whether the mod is based on the latest content. Therefore let us use a simple integer, starting from one, and increment that each time we update our files. So versions will go 1, 2, 3, and so on as props/textures/whatever is updated.

- Bugs

There most certainly will be bugs in the repo app. Please post any in this topic or PM me.

- Site/downloads slow

Yes, downloads may be slow. This is running on my home server, with a 512 kilobit ADSL. Bear with it, it will load eventually.

I'm asking you all to please upload all your contributions to the repo. This way if we have hard drive failures, borked Windows installations or whatever, we don't lose stuff, and in addition, it's easier for me to see when new content becomes available for mapping. Thanks!

Nice work, i wanted something like that a long time.

Personally i use svn on an extra server, which is even more comfortable, as you can integrate it into your explorer.
But i don't have it running all the time so i couldn't share it.

Hey, it seems you uploaded LWO's. Can you also include SMD's, physboxes and textures (assuming you've got them)?

I have to admit, making those packages is a bit cumbersome.

I have quite a bunch of working and test files which don't need to be in the repo and would make i grow to fast.
But because of that i can't make a simple checkout of my svn.

So i'm just putting the most important files like the lwo's, smd's and final textures in the repo, but i can't guarantee that they are the most recent.

I was actually planning on asking on how to send smd's to jupix/others....
nice such a repository is up and running :)

Site updated.

* 10 latest files on front page now truncates titles over 20 characters in length
* Files now have the ability to have notes attached to them, editable by file uploaders and operators.

We're currently getting a lot of content through links other than the repo. May I please remind everyone to use to repo for any hosting of files.

I've some problems with uploading.

When i try to update a file to a new revision i get the message that i have no rights to do so, even if i'm the author.
And when i try to upload a new file the server tells me there is already a file of that name, but it's not displayed
(in this case the file is called MediStation)

There is a MediStation.zip on server... Maybe the upload process was interrupted the first time you tried and it never found its way into SQL?

Anyways, I've now archived the old upload, it should work now. (In future cases renaming the file should also work.)

As for -

When i try to update a file to a new revision i get the message that i have no rights to do so, even if i'm the author.

Which file, in what category? I'll have a look.

Update doesn't work with any file i created.
I tried props/misc/BarrelwValve, props/misc/AlarmLight and props/infrastructure/PowerTransformer1.
Neither the original, nor a new filename will work.

Seems i can only upload files that don't exist yet.
Can you have a look i files named generator_2.zip or alarmlight_v2.zip exist?
Maybe they got uploaded but don't show up in the frontend.

I read through a relevant chunk of code and the file revision logic appears to be good.

Perhaps there's something else going on here. Are you sure you were consistently logged in when you tried to revise the files? And did the script not output any error messages?

I see both of the files you tried to revise on server. I've coded the file revision functionality in such a way that if the script fails to remove the old file, it won't touch SQL at all and so nothing is changed. In this case, however, it should be obvious to the user that the script has failed. If the process was successful to your eyes, I'm going to need a bit more to go on in order to debug.

it's strange,

i'm logged in properly and he is transfering the file as i can see the traffic in my network monitor software, but when it's finished i get
"You are not authorized to update this file."
I tried it with 2 different browers (firefox and iexplore)
I'll send the files from my office computer tomorrow to see if there's a problem with my pc.

There was indeed a bug in the repo which prevented files from being added. It has now been resolved. Would you try revising files again?

still no good.
Updating fails with a "no authorized" error.
I can upload new files if the filename doesn't exist in the repo, but not all existing files show up in the interface.
mediStation.zip for example seems to be in the database as the upload fails but i see no entry for it.

The files that exist on server but aren't in the database are those that failed due to the bug. If you rename those files and try again, they should upload okay, and also show up in the interface. (I can delete the bugged files if you'll gather a full list, but this isn't actually necessary.)

As for the authorization.. damn. I'll see if I can replicate that one.

Geez, I instantly replicated it. The problem was I hadn't tested the revise functionality on user-level privileges and it was bugged too (in two places!). You should've told me earlier the repo was this broken, lol.

It seems to work for me now, can you confirm?

Back