Keenan - we need to contact Jason Ely

Cyberion

Administrator
Well i remember when we talked to Jason last time, he promised that he is gonna convert the Crusader Multiplayer build he had to run under WinXP. As well as give it to us for hosting and fun playing :p

So i decided to bring this topic up and want you to ask to contact him and ask what's the situation. I guess having a working multiplayer Crusader build will be very great for Crusader popularity.
Please contact him and see what's the situation. I guess Jason forgot about us :p Crusader community is alive and it demands CRUSADER MULTIPLAYER!

His name won't be forgotten. I'll be the first who buy Stygian Worlds (the game i mean) :p

I was hoping to keep this a secret until we got the build, but oh well.

YES, WE ARE GETTING A "NEW" CRUSADER GAME. It is a build of Crusader: No Survivors, which was an online game. So, we'll be able to play multiplayer together.

Hello all.  I am around. I have been very busy with my next MMO project. (And yes I've had thoughts for a Crusader themed MMO for a number of years).

I have a multiplayer version that was created under Watcom DOS compiler and used Dos4Gw. It would be rather simple to convert to WinXp in DirectX. I'm sure the project would take a number of months to complete. I have started the conversion a few times and then something in real life always pulled me away.

We had simple 4 player (doom style) combat. You could run around with different colored silencers (8 different colors I believe) and shoot each other. The character motion was much different. In Crusader the series the creatures all walked pixel perfect. In this one the creatures skated some. This was to give a more interesting control when in the heat of battle. It needed some work of course.

The game has a built in world editor. I'm sure I could make it work in XP using No Remorse or No Regret assets. So you would have to own a copy of the game to play it... For legal reasons. :)

ohh great news Jason. If we can help in any way let us know.

As for me, I can work with the graphics and 3D models. I've been doing this for many years, so if you need a 3D render or something to be pre-rendered or modeled let me know. I'll do my best to help.

I'll help code it. get me access to some source code and i can cram some stuff out for eveyone in a month or 2

ah, well if spend a few days in remorse's disassembled code but i gave up on a direct reverse when my semester started.

if there was a way for me to lay my hands on it, i would love it more then you can imagine

nONSENCE link said:
ah, well if spend a few days in remorse's disassembled code but i gave up on a direct reverse when my semester started.

if there was a way for me to lay my hands on it, i would love it more then you can imagine

we would love it too bud ;) OFFTOPIC: So as far as I understand you are a programmer?

The Remorse/Regret code was MASSIVE!

I have some pretty good technology right now and I'm sure I could recreate what I did before. It would require me to make an art converter so the artwork would be in a different format (32bit color or 16bit color) and of course I'd give it a real resolution. Say 800x600 or 1024x768

Cyberion, You do art? Are you only a 3d guy or can you do pixel art as well? :D My current project requires some retro pixel artists (who are not afraid to free the colors and use a 32bit palette). I have paid positions available, all contract based.

What I'd really love to see is a codec so we can play the flics in Windows with no problems at all.

a multiplayer for crusader
1luvu.gif

just who does have still legal copy of crusader? might be hard to find players :/

Dr.Doof link said:
a multiplayer for crusader
1luvu.gif

just who does have still legal copy of crusader? might be hard to find players :/

Everyone here SHOULD have a legal copy. I have multiple copies of both games. Crusader is just too good to get for free.

well i always was in 3D and some 2D. But never tried Pixel Art. Although I love that kind of stuff. Especially after I played Syndicate Plus. Many many many years ago. One of the best Pixel games ever in my opinion.

I can try to do a test simple task and see if I can be of any help. I never tried Pixels as i stated already. But i'm very experienced with 3D and 2D, so maybe my skills will help me to create pixel work. Let's test me.

I'm sure you need sprite or something. I can try and do it and you will decide for yourself if its good or not. Also i want some challenge. Pixel Art will be the best option. I always wanted to try something new. Let me know what needs to be done. any ifo or template or something and i'll try to draw.

here. Used silencer image for reference. Decided to make a test image. Silencer's Helmet.

silencerry8.png

my first image in Pixel Art. lol.

Ya, I think I can. Give me a test image so I can create it for you and you can decide if its any good. :p

Back