No Remorse Version 1.10?

Draygan

I recently picked up an extra copy of No Remorse and when I installed it I was surprised to see that the executable is version 1.10 -- I was never aware of any versions other than 1.01 and 1.21. Has anybody else ever seen 1.10?

It's difficult to say right now. I can't quite remember, but I think my first Crusader game (No Remorse pirated without FMV movies) was 1.10. But I might be mixing something.

What's the publishing date? Country? Check on the box somewhere.

Version 1.10 is mentioned here (look under Crusader: No Remorse Common Issues -> Controller):

http://www.wcnews.com/webmirrors/tech/gamefaq/noremors.html

Unfortunately this copy of the game is disc-only, no box or manuals. The readme files on the disc are all in English, though. Is there any way I can check the publishing date?

Finally got around to this. The key files on the CD have the following timestamps:

INSTALL.EXE - 12-10-1995
CRUSADER.EXE - 13-10-1995
README.TXT - 11-10-1995

Since I don't have access to my 1.06 CD right now I can't confirm whether these differ.

I have a weird version of No Remorse also, mine says 1.23, an EA classics copy (with all the materials and such, just a box with the EA classic cover...and the CD print on the CD actually says No Regret). The dates on those files are:

CRUSADER.EXE - 13-2-1996
INSTALL.EXE - 15-10-1995
README.TXT - 11-10-1995

A file titled WHATS.NEW has the following to say:

Crusader: No Remorse (tm) V1.23 |
---------------------------------

=============================================================================
New features:

Joystick/Gravis Gamepad support. (Run INSTALL.EXE)
    Programmable joystick buttons.  (See README.TXT)
    Three levels of frame skipping.  (See README.TXT)
    Improved performance on 8-meg machines (See README.TXT)
    Known map bugs fixed.
    Elevator and teleporter hangs are fixed.
    16 Bit surround sound enhancment for SB-16 and Ensoniq.
    Full Gravis Ultrasound support.
    Ensoniq Soundscape support.

I'm guessing that version 1.10 is version 1.06 with the sound patch, and version 1.23 is version 1.21 with the sound patch.

Draygan link said:
I'm guessing that version 1.10 is version 1.06 with the sound patch, and version 1.23 is version 1.21 with the sound patch.

Yes, I dug in some older threads where version 1.23 came up and Keenan voiced the same thing regarding 1.21 and 1.23.

Hmm. After applying the sound patch there should be GUS and Ensoniq support, right? But when I run install.exe of version 1.10 support for those cards is missing. So it seems the difference must be something else.

Back