Hello @ all!

Psi-Lencer

Hi buddies,

another newbie is here! Well,um, what can I tell you about me... *think think think*
Okay, lets have a start. My name is Sascha, I am actually 32 years old and I live in good ol' Germany. A few weeks ago, while I was preparing my moving, I found a small box with dozens of CD-ROMS with Dos Games... and, well... you might guess what will follow. Yes, I found No Regret, which I had lastly played a very long time ago. I nearly had a breakdown when I started the game with Dos Box. Well, tears of joy went down my face when I heard the awesome music and played the first levels again  8). And, I have to say, the 2 games of Crusader are still some of my all-time-favorites, only topped by Tie Fighter : Collectors edition, Privateer, Maniac Mansion 2 and Epic Pinball.
By googeling around I found this really cool forum. I was surprised that these cool games are still having a fan community although they are quite old. When I saw the thread with the Crusader action figure, I decided to make my own one. But in a much larger scale. So I ordered today a Star Wars Stormtrooper in 1/6 scale (about 30cm) which should proove to be a good basis for modifying. Of course, a lot of parts have to be scratch-build or modified, but since I am a semi-professional model maker, this shouldn't be a great problem for me. And, maybe, in the case some people are interested, I think about making a small production run, casting the Silencer in resine or cold cast porcellain.
Thus, I am looking around to gather as much informations about the Silencer-armor (which means tons of pics). Thats really not easy, as the games is some kind of old which also means that there is not much artwork etc. available, so I may have to make some compromises regarding the detailing of the statue. I suppose the Stormtrooper will arrvive in a couple of weeks. That should be enough time to collect some infos about my little red guy  8)
Well, um, thats what I had to say, I think. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, I promise that I won't bite  :D

Greets
Sascha 

Psi-Lencer link said:
And, maybe, in the case some people are interested, I think about making a small production run, casting the Silencer in resine or cold cast porcellain.

I'M INTERESTED!  :D :D

As for pictures...well, unfortunately I can't help. Google is not very helpful either since it finds more or less same 5-6 pictures in different resolutions... :(

BTW, "welcome to the resistance, Captain"!  :mask:

Thank you, guys! @ JC: I think I encountered the same problem. There are simply only a few pictures available. I wonder if the game would have been released a few years later, when the www was more common, there would have been a lot more Crusader-stuff around. Exept the amazing music, which is available here and there in the MP3-format, there is nearly nothing more, sadly!

I just thought of something: You can try taking screenshots from CGI videos (for example, intro sequences of No Remorse and No Regret). That's the only way to take a good look at the Silencer that I could think of.

Hi,

I had the same idea, too. The problem is the half-line video format they used, as every second scanning line is missing, which results in a relatively poor video quality. Anyway, I think this will be the only way to get some pictures of the Silencers armor. 

Finally, after ove a month passing by, the so-long awaited Stormtrooper-kit has arrived. And, well... as I have guessed, there is really a lot of work to do. I think I will spend some time during my 3 weeks of semester break in the end of july with my first customizing project. But first, I have to make some thoughts about the possible pose of my Silencer. I don't like guys simply standing upright and holding a weapon in his hand, so I suppose that I will spent my Silencer some sort of an action-pose.

Back