No Regret Secret monitor level 2

regret_001.png

I found the monitor above using hackmover. Like the previous secret telepad it shows on the maps but it's not documented in the strategy guide. I also don't know how to get in there without using hackmover. The only possible door seems the wallspace next to the camera at the elevator but I haven't found a bloody switch to open. I recall finding an orange keycard which is not used anymore (though I can't recall where I found it), maybe it's related to this. What the monitor does is opening the door to the final elevator, allowing you to skip the last portion of this mission. Anyone know how to access this room?

Since I'm digging up old secrets again, this is one I haven't ever figured out. Maybe after all those years someone has an idea? This is on the last level of mission 2 in the mines. If you up that platform you head to final portion of the level. You need to go through a back area open a door to the final room. However if you find the secret room I'm in, it will open that door for you, allowing you to bypass the last back area. Also there is a grenade launcher in the box in case you missed it in mission 1. At 1 I assume the door to be. I haven't found any secret switches that might open this door. The room is visible in the Prima Strategy Guide but it makes no mention of it. I assume I missed a wall switch hidden somewhere?

Attachments

• CNR secret room m2.png
    CNR secret room m2.png
    529.5 KB · Views: 7
Alright, I revisited this one. It keeps bugging me. I managed to figure something out. Where I'm standing in the screenshot below is the door. I had emptied the secret room with hack mover, removed the top right wall element and was walking around and suddenly that door opened. I have no idea what triggered it though as I was walking in the secret room.

It is meant to be found because once you walk around in the secret room after moving yourself there with the hackmover, two guards spawn. The monitor opens up the door to the lift just beyond this which enables you to skip the final portion of this level altogether. I hate not being able to figure this out. Hopefully Candy reads this, he had a nifty tool to analyse the maps.

EDIT: I managed to open in twice now! But not consistently. There are a few switches that on their own don't appear to do anything. That is a shootable switch just north of this, a flip switch on the wall and a valve. Through the door (you need to come through the secret conveyor to access that area) you have another wall switch that doesn't appear to do anything and a valve that when used twice explodes. I guess it's a certain combination of these switches. And then you need to walk around edge in the north room somewhere to trigger the door to open. Kinda like earlier in the level where you need to keep hitting certain hidden switches a few times in a specific order. I consider it "solved" for me as I managed to trigger it once. I still would like what the exact trigger is though.

Attachments

• cnr-secret-room-m2.png
    cnr-secret-room-m2.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back